The Global Tax Function is responsible for all taxation matters that impact the organisation. Its purpose is to create value by managing the impact of tax through planning that is consistent with the firms Tax Principles, by supporting the customers across all businesses and by protecting financial and reputational risk.
The Corporation Tax team is responsible for corporation tax planning, forecasting, reporting, compliance, risk management and resolution of issues with HMRC.
Within the team there is an interesting and constantly changing mix of work. Time is spent on both business as usual activities and a variety of ad hoc projects, driven by changes, opportunities identified or the implementation of new tax, regulatory or accounting standards.
* Tax Compliance & Risk Management
* Providing technical insight and analysis into a variety of technical areas, such as share based payments, pensions, fixed assets, capital gains, controlled foreign companies and group relief. Taking full ownership of the calculations for your allocated technical areas for the entities within the UK Group
* Supporting the team in a range of tax risk management & governance activities
* Taking the correct tax positions in our returns in the current and prior years while ensuring that we are taking positions which are consistent with our Group Tax Principles
* Supporting the preparation of the annual corporation tax return which is prepared by the Corporation Tax team
* Leading on proactive analysis relating to developments in UK tax legislation and case law, to ensure the impact on the group is fully understood and any risks are mitigated
* Leading on stakeholder management within your technical or business area to ensure that our requirements and the associated risks are understood and appropriately managed
* Ownership of stand-alone projects or resolution of specifc technical issues as they arise
* Driving the continuous improvement and documentation of corporation tax compliance processes and controls
* Helping to develop and mentor members of the team both as a line manager and as a subject matter expert in order to ensure the continued progression of all members of the team
* Review and sign off of corporation tax returns of a portfolio of UK tax resident entities, prepared by an outsourced service provider, ensuring that these have been prepared in line with agreed policies
Tax forecasting and reporting
* Inputting into the corporation tax forecasting processes on key technical areas to ensure that we are accurately anticipating future impacts of technical postions or legislation changes in our in year or medium term forecasts
* Providing support for the quarterly and year end tax reporting processes as required
* Inputting into the continuous improvement and documentation of corporation tax reporting and forecasting processes and controls
* Undergraduate Degree
* ACA / CTA (or local country equivalent)
* Experience of tax compliance / tax reporting processes and practical experience of applying UK tax legislation to a complex group