New In-house role for a tax manager to join a team based in York. They seek a Tax professional who will support the Group Head of Tax in ensuring the group meets its legal obligations in respect of all UK taxes. This includes promoting visibility of the tax department across the business and being a go-to tax person. The person will strive to embed governance, mitigate risk and pro-actively seek opportunities to enhance tax processes. Ideally you will be qualified (ACA, ICAS, CTA, ATT or ACCA) with proven UK corporate tax experience. Day to day your role will involve:
• Supporting the development of the tax strategy and implementation of governance structures across all taxes, including to support the Senior Accounting Officer legislation and Criminal Finances Act 2017.
• Providing corporation tax technical analysis in respect of items in the tax computations (incl expense deductibility, capital allowances and contaminated land reliefs).
• Supporting the half year and full year corporate tax and deferred tax. provisioning in the accounts of the UK statutory entities and at a group level. Supporting and responding to queries from external auditors to ensure year end and half year statutory reporting timetables are met.
• Supporting M&A projects including due diligence, tax integration of targets and group tax reporting.
• Developing and enhancing the processes to ensure maximisation of corporate tax reliefs, including capital allowances and CLR, ensuring supportable claims to HMRC
• Driving education and training on tax throughout the operating divisions.
• Supporting the process for agreeing claims/resolving queries, and maintaining a strong working relationship with HMRC.
• Accountable for the implementation of appropriate tax governance and controls across the group to ensure low risk status and developing action plans for resolution of issues where necessary.
• Acting as a point of contact for ad hoc taxation queries from the business in connection with corporation tax, VAT, employment taxes (incl IR35), and Stamp Taxes (SDLT, LBTT, LTT).
• Providing VAT and SDLT technical support in respect to complex transactions.
• Providing technical analysis and support in respect to new tax legislation impacting the business.
• Working with stakeholders, including external advisers, operational teams and finance to identify tax risks and opportunities and implement process improvements.
• Proactively monitoring and assessing the impact of any legislative changes.
• Leading and supporting ad hoc tax projects from time to time in support of improved governance (e.g. Alphatax use, MTD for Corporation Tax).
• Supporting analysis and changes to transfer pricing policies.
• Championing changes to the norm and promoting a culture of continual improvement.
• Support to mentoring of junior members of the tax team.
This is a friendly team which offer office or hybrid working. Salary and bonus package.