A global household brand is looking to hire an International Tax Senior Manager for a 6-9 month assignment to support its European business operations. The ideal candidate will be able to work with a high level of collegiality, functioning as a tax adviser to business partners seeking to implement new initiatives, and managing tax planning projects across EU jurisdictions.
Job location: ideally Luxembourg, but can be also Germany or other neighbouring countries that would allow the person to commute to the Lux office as required (can be for up to 3 days per week).
Duration: 6 - 9 months, starting as soon as possible / Full-time (40 hours per week)
Primary duties include:
Planning and Execution:
* Researching advanced international tax issues - working with tax authorities and outside advisers as necessary , supporting EU business initiatives
* Assisting with developing and evaluating European planning opportunities
* Assisting with developing strategic and operational implementation work plans and ability to measure results against plans
* Implementing agreed-upon European tax strategies and projects
* Reviewing financial data for proper application of tax laws and advising on development and maintenance of accounting systems which provide tax information required to be reported
* Maintaining and communicating knowledge of past, present and potential future European corporate tax laws, regulations, rulings, procedures and court decisions
* Managing relationships with tax authorities on an ongoing basis
* Managing and coordinating European tax audits including audit preparation, responding to document requests, meetings with tax authorities, etc.