Tilney Smith & Williamson is the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group. With £56 billion of assets under management (as of November 2021), we rank as the third largest UK wealth manager measured by revenues and the sixth largest professional services firm ranked by fee income (source: Accountancy Age 50+50 rankings, 2021).
We are driven by our purpose to place the power of good advice into more hands for both individuals and businesses. Our purpose is supported by our 3 core values:
Personal - we treat you as an individual
Partnership - we go further together
Performance - we strive for more
What will you be doing?
We're seeking a talented individual to join our Business Tax team in London, which is responsible for providing a wide range of tax and consulting services to a broad range of companies, from quoted multinational groups to owner managed businesses.
As an Assistant Manager, some of your responsibilities will include:
* To manage portfolio of complex cases, both advisory and compliance
* Providing exceptional client service and be responsible for maintaining regular contact with client team
* Appraisals & monitoring of staff performance
* On the job training/mentoring for junior staff on a one-to-one basis, including technical and procedural matters
* Ensuring S&W procedures are followed taking account of institute and HMRC guidance, where relevant
* Ensuring department KPIs are met around billing and recovery targets
To be successful in this role, you should:
* Have gained significant corporate tax experience gained within the profession and or industry
* Be technically capable tax adviser who is able to assist in complex client work
* Have demonstrable experience of managing people
* Have an appetite to grow business development skills
* Possess strong IT skills
As a colleague here at Tilney, Smith & Williamson you will have access to benefits that include:
* Competitive salary
* Private medical insurance
* Life assurance
* Pension contribution
* Hybrid working model (role dependant)
* Generous holiday package
* Option to purchase additional holiday
* Shared parental leave
We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings, representative of our society and clients. We are committed to providing a work environment where all colleagues, regardless of identity, background, or circumstance, feel respected as individuals and feel that they can achieve their full potential and work in a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment.
If you need any reasonable adjustments for your application process, please let your recruiter know.