The tax group manager will be part of the EMEA Tax team within Finance and will have oversight of all UK entities.
Responsibilities include management of the annual compliance processes for the UK entities including review of the tax computations, monthly reporting and Effective Tax Rate monitoring, review and oversight of the tax reporting and disclosures in UK statutory accounts and ownership of UK Tax technical developments.
The tax group manager will work with the wider EMEA tax team, including the offshore team in Poland, as well as Finance Controllers and the global tax team in the US.
* Responsible for the overall management of the tax liabilities both directly and in connection with transactions with clients, including the related compliance, financial reporting, planning and controversy processes.
* Contributes to the planning, accounting, filing and the reporting of tax liability of the company.
* Assists in determining and compiling information required to satisfy income tax filing and related requirements at all levels of jurisdiction.
* May participate in managing payments to tax authorities in compliance with specific tax regulations.
* Directs and controls strategy and execution of the firm's activities within a major Infrastructure area.
* Recommends goals, policies, and plans for these areas with the most senior executives of the firm.
* Partners with the revenue areas to improve efficiency, effectiveness, productivity and / or control.
* Typically a key member of the firm's management team who represents the firm in dealings with clients and external bodies.
* Through management team, oversees all staff within the relevant Infrastructure area
* Perform other duties and functions as assigned
* 10+ years relevant experience
* UK Accounting or UK tax qualification required or related business experience
* Working in a team dealing with UK tax related matters
* Day to day oversight and management of the UK compliance cycle for all UK entities, including tax return review and timely submission, claims and elections, group matters, R&D claims, Corporate Interest Restriction, tax payments, the Group Payment Arrangement and our account balance with HMRC and any other filings required
* Review of the monthly tax provisions prepared by the team including calculating the tax accruals, as well as the management and reconciliation of the tax balances on the ledger & effective rate analysis
* Responsibility for communication with the UK Controllers regarding the monthly tax provisions and any support and explanations required
* Responsibility for monitoring the UK Effective Tax Rates and reporting to the US tax team on these, liaising regarding substantiations and support required
* Responsibility for liaising with the US tax team in respect of deferred tax substantiation
* Review of tax numbers and disclosures for statutory accounts
* Ownership of UK tax technical developments and their applicability to the group
* Preparation of responses to HMRC queries regarding tax issues
* Liaising with the UK Financial Control team & New York tax department as required
* Working with the EMEA Tax team in Poland who support the UK team with some of the above
* Responsibility for oversight of team processes, controls and monitoring and input into Senior Accounting Officer certification
* Demonstrate in depth experience of applying both UK general accounting and UK tax accounting concepts to day to day work.
* Knowledge and experience of managing the corporation tax compliance and reporting process for a group of entities.
* Knowledge of financial sector accounting and systems would be an advantage.
* Knowledge / experience of working with US GAAP would be an advantage (detailed knowledge not required)
* Working knowledge of Excel.
* Able to demonstrate experience of suggesting pragmatic solutions to problems and conclude where appropriate.
* Demonstrate experience of working to multiple deadlines.
* Be able to work unsupervised on day to day responsibilities.
* Demonstrate experience of working as part of a team to achieve team goals
* Demonstrate ability to manage a number of different issues and be able to manage own time appropriately.
* Demonstrate an ability to quickly understand new technical issues.