The Indirect Tax Specialist will be a key member of a global electronics business EMEA tax team, reporting to the European Tax Manager. This individual will be the primary tax contact for VAT and other indirect tax matters for EMEA operations and work closely with the regional tax and finance teams as well as the global functional tax and trade teams.
Skills and Experience
* Manage all aspects of the relationship with third party service providers who prepare VAT returns and all associated indirect tax compliance in the EMEA region
* Responsible for supporting and reviewing all aspects of VAT compliance including VAT returns, VAT payments, VAT registrations, EC Sales Lists, Intrastat reporting and SAO for the EMEA region working closely with finance, controllership and shared service global teams
* Central role in the review and development of the existing VAT compliance processes to more efficiently leverage data extraction techniques and data analytics to further optimise processes, manage risks and identify opportunities. Manage and own the process once implemented
* Manage relationships with tax authorities and respond timely and accurately to any queries leveraging the wider finance, accounting and shared service teams together with third party service providers were appropriate.
* Support the business operationally on all existing and new commercial transactions and go-to-market strategies to mitigate adverse tax impacts
* Ownership of making tax digital, real time reporting and similar regulations for indirect taxes including monitoring legislation and the design and implementation of processes and engagements to meet any such obligations
* At least 7 years of indirect tax experience.
* Detailed understanding of ERP systems, tax engines and other system and automation tools.
* Team player with the ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment, and from a remote location.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.