This is a key role in the financial management of the GB&I businesses supporting the Head of Tax to ensure optimal and efficient treasury operations and management of all tax exposures.
* Completion of all UK & Irish corporate tax computations and returns including capital allowances
* Preparation of year end and interim tax workings, journals and disclosures, and working with Group Finance to prepare tax numbers and disclosures for all UK and Ireland subsidiary statutory accounts.
* Liaising directly with external auditors to ensure timely completion of year end and half year reported tax numbers
* Preparation of Group's Country by Country Reporting.
* Preparation of group transfer pricing calculations, working with UK and overseas finance teams and communicating any changes to policies to the business.
* Review quarterly vat and sugar tax returns to required deadlines.
* Support the full integration of MTD software.
* Preparation of other non-payroll employment taxes and declarations such as PSA and STBV.
* Collaborate with HR for employee's payroll tax reporting as required.
* Development of tax systems and tax governance including SAO and DAC 6 reporting.
* Assist the Head of Tax with ad-hoc projects all year round.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
* ACCA, ACA or CTA qualified.
* Solid experience of relevant UK tax.
* Experience coming from a top tier practice firm or large industry.
* Solid UK corporate tax compliance and reporting knowledge with exposure to VAT.
* Strong analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
* An engaging and excellent team player, who can build relationships across functional areas.
* Someone who is willing to go above and beyond and drive tax forward within a commercial and innovative business.
* SAP knowledge would be a significant advantage