The tax landscape is undergoing significant change; with changes to tax legislation, increased media focus and scrutiny, technology advancements, and the increasingly global reach of clients, all coming together to shape an exciting and challenging future in the market for tax services.
The team has a market leading reputation; bringing together a unique blend of consulting, technology, tax technical and tax reporting experience to help businesses meet the challenges of multi-jurisdictional tax operations, including compliance, reporting, tax technology and tax risk management.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join the team, in a leadership role, supporting our clients primarily in the area of tax operating model and tax governance design and implementation. This role sits at the heart of what the team does, working collaboratively with Tax and Finance leaders to:
* Develop a vision for the way in which tax operations are managed, develop and implement transformation plans
* Assess current state processes, governance, systems, data flows, and organisational models and opportunities for deploying technology
* Identify opportunities for improvement and
* Develop practical implementation plans
* Advise on the opportunities for tax to leverage Shared Service Centres and Global Business Service delivery models, including assessment of options and design of processes and controls
* Support on the implementation of transformation programmes
* Drive change activity across all aspects of the tax operating model
The role requires a consultative approach to supporting client leadership through strategic transformation initiatives.
In this role you will:
* Build trusted client relationships with finance and tax leaders across a portfolio of large organisations
* Lead project teams to deliver quality consulting projects to a range of businesses
* Use your knowledge of best practice tax operations and governance to advise clients on all aspects of their tax operating models
* Work across a range of industries (including Financial Services, Consumer Business, Energy & Resources, Technology, Media and Telecommunications)
* Help develop strategic plans for growing the team
* Mentor more junior members of the team, playing an active role in their development
* Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your professional experience
* Extensive experience in a tax role (with some tax operations and governance familiarity) or in a finance operations role that encompassed tax. Your experience may have been in practice or an in-house role.
* An innovative approach and a desire to solve problems
* Passionate about client service
* Experience of leading a portfolio of tax and/or consulting engagements
* Organised with a flexible and adaptable approach
* A desire to develop your career, take on a leadership role and varied work
* Ideally, some experience of best practice tax operations and governance
* Good tax technical and/or finance operations experience