Great opportunity for an experienced VAT Practitioner to move in to a Head of Indirect Taxes role in a household name business. The ideal candidate will have sound systems and reporting skills. You may work in a large accountancy firm or within industry. You will need experience of dealing with complex groups. Some experience of the retail sector and financial services issues would be beneficial. Customs and excise experience would be a benefit but not necessary. You will need strong interpersonal skills and an ability to explain complex issues and excellent relationship building skills coupled with commercial awareness.
This role can be worked part remotely but it is envisaged that it will require 1-2 days in the office in Leeds. In this role you will be responsible for managing indirect tax risks, fulfilling all HMRC compliance requirements and providing a high quality indirect tax advisory service to the business. You will lead a team of experienced VAT and Customs professionals. Your responsibilities will include:
• Providing best in class indirect tax services within the Group including helping review and evolve tax strategy of the group to establish processes, frameworks and systems across all indirect tax.
• Leading indirect tax compliance, including making tax digital requirements, working with external consultants where required to ensure timely and accurate submission of relevant VAT and customs returns
• Maintaining and enhancing the indirect tax compliance and reporting processes within the financial reporting system; troubleshoot tax-related problems within the ERP and identify solutions for internal business partners
• Identifying opportunities for savings and indirect tax recoveries.
• Managing external relationships with HMRC and overseas Revenue Authorities for the Group and dealing with any Indirect tax audits that.
Would consider someone outside of Yorkshire who is willing to commute to Leeds at least 1 day a week (obviously when government guidelines advise it is fine to return to offices). Great team and this role comes with a really good benefits and bonus package.