Private Equity Firm
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Responsible for overseeing and managing all tax compliance and reporting matters for the company (including but not limited to investors, investments, and executives) to ensure they are planned, timetabled, reviewed, and submitted to agreed timelines. Supporting the Head of Tax with tax planning, tax projects, transactional and advisory matters.
* Gain an in-depth understanding of the group, investment structures, management activities and key tax processes of the group.
* Assist the Head of Tax, working with other functional teams as well as external advisors as applicable, on the tax review of investments and divestments made by the funds.
* Support the Head of Tax and the wider team with the tax review of transactions and internal projects (including but not limited to transfer pricing, hybrids analysis, and indirect taxes), coordinating the help of external experts where required.
* Responsible for the co-ordination and management of the compliance processes including, but not limited to, partnership tax, corporate tax, employment-related taxes, carried interest, VAT, FATCA, CRS and DAC6 in key relevant jurisdictions including the UK, US, Guernsey, Jersey, Luxembourg, and Singapore ensuring that tax returns are reviewed, finalised, and filed in accordance with agreed processes and deadlines and ensuring tax payments are made in a timely manner.
* Work collaboratively and effectively with the Funds Finance and Corporate Finance teams, as well as fund administrators and outsourced tax advisors on all tax related matters.
* Manage the budget for outsourced tax compliance and advisory work.
* Responsible for tax reporting to investors, predominantly covering the UK and US but including other jurisdictions as required, with a view to managing tax risk/ exposure.
* Responsible for the coordination and review of all US withholding tax packages and building timetabled periodic updates as required as well as overseeing the review and validation of FATCA and CRS documentation obtained from investors. Assist with withholding tax matters and reclaims including liaising with various stakeholders as necessary.
* Work collaboratively and proactively with colleagues on the preparation and review of tax provisions in financial statements, including answering auditor questions on tax provisions and notes in financial statements, before seeking Head of Tax sign off.
* Assist with HMRC, IRS, IRAS and any other tax authority correspondence to ensure positive working relationships.
* Provide input to the development of systems and procedures to allow taxation information to be readily available to all stakeholders ensuring best practice is always strived for.
* Manage the workflow and review the daily tasks of the Tax Assistant to timely complete BAU matters as well as providing mentoring support.
* Keep abreast of all tax developments relevant to the business and working with stakeholders to effect necessary change.
* Build relationships with the wider team of the company and the other company's entities to ensure positive, open communication lines.
* Adhere to the FCA's Conduct Rules, understanding that they set basic standards of good personal conduct.
* Educated to degree level (minimum 2:1 is essential).
* A professional accounting or tax qualification (such as ACA or CTA with exposure to UK partnership, corporate, and personal tax) with a minimum of 1-2 years PQE required.
* Strong financial accounting and corporate accounting skills required.
* International tax experience (especially US taxation) is useful but not mandatory.
* Financial services industry knowledge, with experience and knowledge of private equity and infrastructure, in an in-house tax function or practice is preferred.
* Modelling - advanced user of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, with a strong aptitude for learning new IT systems.
* Previous experience of developing juniors.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this position.