This is a key role in the financial management of the GB&I businesses supporting the Head of Tax to ensure optimal and efficient treasury operations and management of all tax exposures.
With good subject knowledge in both areas, this role provides advice and guidance to the senior management of the business on risks, exposures and mitigation options.
* Completion of all UK & Irish corporate tax computations and returns including capital allowances
* Preparation of year end and interim tax workings, journals and disclosures, and working with Group Finance to prepare tax numbers and disclosures for all UK and Ireland subsidiary statutory accounts
* Liaising directly with external auditors to ensure timely completion of year end and half year reported tax numbers
* Preparation of Group's Country by Country Reporting, CFC and Corporate Interest Restriction submissions including managing overseas notifications and WHT requirements.
* Preparation of group transfer pricing calculations, working with UK and overseas finance teams and communicating any changes to policies to the business
* Review quarterly VAT returns
* Preparation of other non-payroll employment taxes and declarations such as PSA and STBV
* Collaborate with HR for employee's payroll tax reporting as required
* Development of our tax systems and tax governance including SAO and DAC 6 reporting
* Assist the Head of Tax with ad-hoc projects all year round
Qualifications and Professional Experience
* ACCA, ACA or CTA qualified.
* Solid experience of relevant UK tax.
* Experience coming from a top tier practice firm or large industry.
* Solid UK corporate tax compliance and reporting knowledge with exposure to VAT.
* Strong analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
* An engaging and excellent team player, who can build relationships across functional areas.
* Someone who is willing to go above and beyond and drive tax forward within a commercial and innovative business.
* SAP knowledge would be a significant advantage