This business are currently looking to hire an Assistant International Tax Manager into the Group Tax Team at FTSE 100 business, based at their head office in London. As their Assistant Manager, you will report into the Senior International Tax Manager and support the Group Tax team on a wide range of International projects and global initiatives. You will have a wide range of exposure to the Head office and global functions of our business and play an important role in the implementation of initiatives supporting the Group's global tax strategy.
You will be responsible for:
* the management of small projects and provide support on more complex projects within the team.
* Working with our external advisors and internal departments, you will assist with the implementation of various aspects of our projects, reviewing detailed step plans and allocating work accordingly.
* Where issues are identified, you will ensure they are communicated to the group, explored, and resolved.
* You will support the correct tax treatment and tax return disclosures and provide tax input for Group projects, highlighting risks and opportunities.
* You will also provide tax support to the team on M&A projects, which will include tax modelling, structuring, due diligence, and integration.
* Furthermore, you'll be expected to provide ad hoc tax advice to our other Group functions and regional finance teams, on commercially led projects.
* You'll support on Transfer Pricing matters, tax audits, group reporting at half year and full year, and rationalisation of legal entities that are no longer required.
To succeed in the role, you'll need to build strong relationships with our other Head office functions and our overseas territories, to provide tax support across the business and to manage our tax risk.