Tilney Smith & Williamson
Leading independently owned providers of investment management, financial planning, financial advisory, accountancy, tax and corporate services to private clients, corporates, professional practices, and non-profit organisations. With over 60 offices in the UK, Ireland, Jersey and Guernsey, 3,200 people and an international capability in over 100 countries, our aim is to provide an innovative global service.
Our London office, based in the City, provides leading edge advice to private clients, professional practices, mid to large corporates and nonprofit organisations.
From the London office we provide the full range of our services: business advisory services, corporate finance, corporate recovery, corporate tax, forensic services and litigation support, investment management, pensions and financial planning and advice on personal tax and trusts.
We provide a wide range of tax and consulting services to a broad range of companies, from quoted multinational groups to owner managed businesses.
Through establishing close relationships with our clients, we ensure that we are able to deliver the most comprehensive business tax advice, and also ensure we are aware of the key opportunities and risks faced by our clients.
Purpose of Role:
This role will provide tax compliance and advisory services for a wide range of business clients.
The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will also provide assistance to Directors/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group. You will be involved in special assignments and advisory projects.
A key part of the role requires the individual to actively seek, and keep the Partner informed about any new business opportunities arising at existing and new clients.
* Undertake consultancy work
* Manage portfolio of complex cases, both advisory and compliance
* Give exceptional client service and be responsible for maintaining regular contact with client team
* Need to keep up to date technically
* Budgeting and monitoring compliance fees
Staff Management and Development
* Liaison with Partners
* Appraisals/monitor staff performance
* On the job training/mentoring for junior staff on a one-to-one basis, including technical and procedural matters
* Dealing with staff questions
* Ensuring S&W procedures are followed taking account of institute and HMRC guidance, where relevant
* Ensuring department KPIs are met around billing and recovery targets
Personal Development (Technical & Other)
* Reading; internal meetings; internal and external seminars and courses
* Awareness/interest in what other parts of the firm can do, to encourage cross-referrals
* Assist partners marketing activities/approaches
1 Client focus - ability to deliver consistently excellent client service.
2 Commercial awareness - delivers value to client and team profitability.
3 Teamwork - organises and supports others.
4 Good communicator - both written and oral.
5 Problem solving - positive attitude to solving problems and deliver outcomes.
* Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CA) and/or tax advisor (CTA)
* Significant corporate tax experience gained within the profession and or industry
* Technically capable tax adviser who is able to assist in complex client work
* Demonstrable experience of managing people
* Appetite to grow business development skills
* Strong IT skills