Purpose of the role
To ensure tax compliance for all Spanish entities, as part of the Spanish tax team.
The Tax Specialist will work within the client's Tax team to ensure tax compliance for all Spanish entities and will be required to:
* Ensure tax compliance for all taxes mainly in Spain including the preparation and submission of all relevant tax returns.
* Detect areas for improving the tax compliance processes.
* Monitor the tax compliance obligations for all Spanish entities.
* Support the Spanish tax team on tax proceedings and tax audits conducted by Spanish tax authorities.
* Manage the communications received by the Spanish tax authorities and submit the responses to the mentioned communications.
* Prepare the tax disclosures to Group Tax for reporting purposes.
* Process journals and payment requests for all Spanish taxes and entities.
Required skills & experience
* Demonstrable experience (5 years or more) as a Tax compliance specialist with tax technical skills.
* Degree in Spanish Law and/or Economics/ADE.
* Tax Masters would be desirable.
* Proven background on Spanish tax compliance.
* Solid accounting and finance knowledge.
* Knowledge of SAP systems as user will be valued.
* A proactive approach to work in order to acquire knowledge and awareness of the business activities so that he/she can provide commercially focused tax support and tax assurance.
* Strong analytical and reasoning skills.