The Tax Operations Team within Wealth Management helps ensure global conformity with the IRS Regulations as it relates to client tax information reporting and withholding.
The role of the Tax Information Reporting Associate will be part of a team responsible for the overview of the tax data integrity of transactions processed within our client's accounting systems and the production of the 1099s, 1042S, and 5498 forms, and tax packages.
● Ensure consistency in information reporting practices within the firms accounting systems
● Prepare and maintain procedure documentation.
● Mapping process flow for transaction information and recipient information for CIB clients.
● Prepare communication on the status of 1099s, 1042-s, and 5498 preparation, progress, accuracy, and correction, and present to Management.
● Maintain metrics on account filings and corrections.
● Communicate regulatory changes to CIB Advisors and Service Teams and maintain related Tax Center with up-to-date information.
● Research, communicate and resolve questions for key stakeholder(s).
● Experienced tax professional with experience in information reporting, preferably with experience with a large financial services company or similar financial services tax advisor.
● Good knowledge of IRS requirements (i.e. Revenue code sections and Treasury regulations), with a specific focus on information reporting and withholding.
● Experience with developing outstanding tax protocols related to financial services products.
● Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, economics, or related field.
● Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in information reporting.
Talk to us about this role or similar ones also available by applying!