Leading IM firm looking to recruit a VAT Manager for its in-house team. Great opportunity.
Your new company
I'm working with a leading provider of discretionary wealth management. They specialise in helping clients protect and grow their wealth. Their services range from a simple execution only online service to bespoke discretionary investment management including retirement planning.
Your new role
A new opportunity has been created for a VAT manager to the team in their London office. In this role, you will contribute significantly towards delivering a high performing central tax function for the group. You will report directly to the Group Head of Tax and support them in all matters arising in respect of VAT in the busy tax department.
This role is a mix of VAT advisory, VAT accounting and VAT compliance and you will be responsible for all VAT issues arising including quarterly VAT returns under MTD II, VAT management information packs and all VAT accounting. You will also assist the business on VAT technical matters and act as VAT SME on all projects where appropriate.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn how a modern tax department balances partnering the business with risk management and compliance. We are looking for someone with ambition to progress, learn new skills and add value in a small and expert team.
* Advising the business on the correct VAT treatment of products to a mix of clients.
* Working with IT and Operations to ensure the correct VAT treatment is consistently applied and feeds correctly into the VAT return.
* Contribute to VAT projects and support for Group Head of Tax.
* Developing good working relationships with internal stakeholders, advisors, and tax authorities.
* Preparation and submission of Quarterly VAT returns prepared with third party software under the MTD Phase II guidelines.
* All VAT accounting and quarterly VAT Management Information packs to the CFO.
* Maintaining and improving VAT governance procedures.
* Writing and maintaining procedure documents for all VAT returns to align with tax policies and Group tax strategy.
* Keeping up to date with tax technical matters, including HMRC developments, undertaking research and advising business stakeholders accordingly.
What you'll need to succeed
* Fully qualified in CIMA or ACA or can demonstrate proven experience in a relevant VAT role with the desire to work towards tax/accountancy qualification.
* A background in VAT in either in-house or private practice/consultancy professional service.
* Experience of VAT is essential
* The ability to interpret and clearly explain tax technical issues
* Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.