Our client works with a wide range of clients including private businesses, owner-managers, multi-jurisdictional families and businesses, multi-national corporations and high net worth individuals. They assist clients in designing and implementing tax strategies that result in minimizing tax for our clients.
They provide a full suite of U.S. compliance services including the preparation of U.S. and Canadian personal income tax returns and all required information returns. The firm has a number of U.S. Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) and IRS Enrolled Agents, in addition to Canadian Chartered Professional Accountants (CPAs) as team members.
They currently have an excellent career opportunity for a Senior Associate, U.S. and Canadian personal/private client tax services, located in their Downtown Toronto office. This position offers excellent opportunities to learn and develop.
Skills and attributes for success:
• Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
• Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal
• Ability to interface with clients and colleagues in a professional manner
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work remotely and/or in an office environment
• Ability to work in a high pressured and time sensitive environment
• A commitment to learning in a (very) technical tax environment
The successful candidate will report to and take direction from the partners and managers on various matters, however they should have knowledge and be able to prepare information returns relating to:
• U.S. controlled foreign corporations (Form 5471)
• U.S. passive foreign investment corporations (Form 8621)
• Foreign Disregarded Entities (FDEs) and Foreign Branches (FBs) (Form 8858)
• U.S. Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR – FinCEN Form 114)
• U.S. Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets (Form 8938)
• U.S. Forms 3520 and 3520-A
• Canadian Form T1135
To qualify for the role you must have
• A post-secondary degree in a related field and a minimum of two to three years of US and Canadian personal income tax experience
• Though not required, having a US CPA/EA designation would be preferred
• Knowledge of current automated tax processing systems and tax laws in an area of technical specialization
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel
• Familiarity with CCH ProSystems would be preferred.