You will be taking a lead role in the managing indirect tax compliance reporting, as well as assisting in reviewing indirect tax risk management.
The main duties - in detail - are:
UK VAT Compliance
* Responsible for preparing and filing of the quarterly UK VAT returns.
* Responsible for the preparation of UK partial exemption method, annual adjustment and capital goods scheme adjustment.
* Supporting the Head of Indirect Tax with any queries raised by HMRC.
* Supporting the Head of Indirect Tax in identifying and preparing HMRC notifications (if applicable).
* Proactively monitoring changes in legislation, assessing the impact on the business and assisting in implementing any required changes.
* Assisting the Head of Indirect Tax in developing ideas to generate VAT efficiencies, perform ongoing assurance reviews and implement new supply chain models.
International VAT Compliance
* Support the Head of Indirect Tax with the preparation/filing of international VAT/GST returns.
* Manage a network of third party, indirect tax advisors who input into the international VAT compliance.
* Support the Head of Indirect Tax with any queries raised by staff of the international offices and/or by appointed third party advisors.
* Assist with responding to any queries arising from international tax authorities, including supporting external advisors with obtaining factual information and supporting documentation.
Controls and Processes
* Manage the Group's indirect tax compliance timetable, ensuring that filings and tax payments deadlines for all group companies are accurately recorded and monitored
* Assist in designing improvements in the way factual information is obtained in order to support indirect tax compliance, including greater automation to extract information directly from underlying accounting ledgers, use of pre-agreed "indirect tax data templates", etc.
* Assisting the Head of Indirect Tax in identifying areas where controls can be enhanced and continuously assisting in improving the integrity of the VAT process.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.