The Consultancy Group are currently partnered with one of Europe's fastest growing start-ups, as an exciting opportunity has arisen for a candidate to work as an International Tax Manager. The succesful candidate will develop the processes for direct tax compliance & reporting and transfer pricing policy application and documentation. As a Direct Tax Specialist, you will actively participate in shaping the finance processes as related to tax planning, forecasting and reporting. The successful individual will thrive in a growing, ambiguous environment and possess strong communication and analytical skills.
* Managing the preparation and timely filing (whether in-house or outsourced) of direct tax returns, including withholding taxes for UK and other group entities.
* Managing of annual and periodic budgeting and forecasting of corporate and deferred tax charges for the entities managed.
* Managing and monitoring of corporate and withholding tax payments and refunds, including periodic forecasting for the entities managed. Providing advice to Finance colleagues on direct tax and transfer pricing matters.
* Studying and researching of tax policy developments and trends, and government tax incentives keeping up-to-date with changes in direct tax regulation in jurisdictions in which the business is operating or is looking to expand into.
* Organising audit work papers and fulfil data requests of external auditors regarding direct tax matters.
* Assisting the Head of Global Tax in designing fit-for-purpose direct tax processes and controls to minimise the risk of errors.
* Supporting the direct tax due diligence and international tax compliance and reporting aspects of acquisitions and integrations.
* Developing, implementing and maintaining transfer pricing policies, monitoring their application and compiling transfer pricing documentation on a timely basis.
* Providing support to other Tax function staff and Finance colleagues in response to ad hoc or tax audit requests from fiscal authorities on direct tax and transfer pricing matters.
* Participating in cross-functional projects, including the expansion of acquired brands across wider geographies.
* Working with the Head of Global Tax to manage the business' relationships with external stakeholders (e.g. tax authorities, business partners, advisers etc.)
* ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent qualification.
* ATT/CTA or equivalent qualification an advantage.
* Exposure to overseas corporate taxation an advantage.
* Exposure to transfer pricing, including functional analysis, benchmarking and BEPS compliant documentation requirements an advantage.
* Detailed knowledge of UK corporate tax laws, along with a working understanding of international tax concepts.
* Experience with accounting for income taxes under IFRS.
For more information, please contact Josh Burns at The Consultancy Group.