Our client is seeking a VAT manager with experience in European VAT compliance and technology to assist the VAT Services on their team supporting Sellers with their European VAT obligations. As part of a larger team, this position will oversee a team of VAT experts that support the VAT Services on their program with (VAT) technical expertise cross all aspects of offering. This includes driving legislative change implementations, understanding the impact and interaction of various teams and systems as well as external partners. Further, the team will be at the heart of the internal VAT quality assurance program and implement continuous controls throughout the program.
The candidate should be comfortable working in a highly ambiguous environment. Ownership of work is extremely important, and candidates should have a proven record of working with projects to their completion. The ideal candidate is motivated, agile, with strong time management and project management skills. This opportunity requires excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, and communication skills. At the core of the position is high attention to detail and delivering high quality results on time.
As the team lead for the VAT experts group you will:
* Actively participating in projects throughout their lifecycle - from design through delivery
* Work with internal/external partners to collect and understand upcoming changes from a legislative/business standpoint, implementing these changes, ensuring end to end accuracy of the program
* Lead the implementation of VAT related control activities and design best in class quality assurance products
* Actively identify and address Seller and system issues through problem solving and analytics, identifying required technical solutions to bring value added opportunities to VAT service on their offering
* Oversee other VAT related aspects of the business such as seller queries, audit support and process mapping
* Team player who is confident in communicating with others and able to work with minimal supervision
* Partner well with people at all levels within an organization
* Ability to work in a team with a "can-do" attitude
* Demonstrate ownership, initiate and implement change with a problem solving approach
* Organized and methodical with attention to detail
* Strong analytical skills including Microsoft Excel
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in English
* At least 6+ years of experience in EU VAT in a multinational and/or professional organization.
* Ideally, 4-5 years of VAT compliance management experience VAT in a multinational and/or professional organization
* Experience of advisory or compliance in BIG 4 firms is an advantage