Each one of us brings something different to Vistra, working as one team to deliver the right solution.That’s why our clients choose to work with us – the power of our combined skills makes us unstoppable.Vistra offers a unique platform for our clients and our people to seize the world of opportunities.At the heart of everything we do are our core values:Committing to clients, Working as ONE Vistra, Empowering people and Doing the Right thing.
Have/Are you you working in a Tax Advisory position that lacks diversity and new opportunities to grow?
Vistra is currently recruiting for a Director, International Indirect Tax Advisory to join a busy, thriving team that are growing immensely. This is a genuine international Tax Advisory role that has significant scope for professional and career progression.
As an organisation, Vistra delivery advisory services to a wide range of international clients, ranging from household names to smaller firms. This individual would be accountable for the delivery of Global Indirect International Tax products and Solutions to Vistra's client around the globe, within a well-established, supportive and highly collaborative tax advisory team.
Key responsibilities will include (But not limited to):
• The position is an advisory role in which international indirect tax support and information is delivered to clients in order for them to manage their transactions and business operations in an efficient and compliant manner from an indirect tax perspective.
• Research and prepare advice and services across multiple jurisdictions on core international consumption tax areas to cover VAT, GST, JCT and similar tax regimes across the globe.
• Manage delivery of international indirect advice across multiple countries, business divisions and clients
• Provide advice within a team environment on indirect tax and business matters for clients in a range of industries including digital services, product manufacturing and pharmaceuticals
• Carry out supply chain and operational analysis and advise on indirect tax efficient trading arrangements
• Provide Tax Authority audit support and assist in the preparation of data, supporting documents and applicable correspondence, to be sent to tax authorities conducting tax reviews, enquiries and audits
• Assist in simplifying complicated and inter-related technical issues into digestible and understandable client action plans – for example, supply chain analysis
• To attend meetings and conference calls with clients and prospective clients in order to discuss potentially complex technical areas of indirect tax, or to promote the services of the Indirect Tax function at Vistra.
• Liaise with internal and external client resources to effectively handover to the Indirect Tax Compliance team any positions that they would need to be aware of in order to complete the Indirect Tax returns for clients in the appropriate way.
• Support the Director in identifying and communicating relevant changes in legislation and policy which will impact Vistra’s clients from an Indirect Tax perspective, through team meetings and marketing tools such as blogs and webinars.
• Coverage of core international indirect tax and concepts, including:
o VAT, GST and other transactional based taxes (inc. Customs)
o Tax efficient supply chain reviews
o Technical analysis of transactions
o Registration and de-registrations
o Indirect tax compliance reviews
o Indirect tax examinations and audits
o Import/export taxes and duties
o Country reports
• Strong track record of advising on technical Indirect Tax matters in a client based environment
• Global based Indirect Tax Advisory experience
• Proactive and self-motivated, professional and commercial outlook
• Capable of working under pressure and with minimal supervision
• ACA/CTA/ATT qualification is desirable although not essential depending on experience.
If you would like to join an exciting and vibrant organisation, where you will work closely with other talented people, be supported in your professional development, and share our passion and our values, please apply today.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We’re passionate about Diversity and Inclusion at Vistra.We believe that everyone is equal and unique, and by embracing diversity it makes us better company.This creates an environment where anyone, from any background, can do their best work; Vistra is for the ambitious, the entrepreneurial, the bold.