We work with a wide range of clients including private businesses, owner-managers, multi-jurisdictional families and businesses, multi-national corporations, and high net worth individuals. We assist in designing and implementing tax strategies that result in minimizing tax for our clients.
We provide a full suite of U.S. compliance services including the preparation of U.S. and Canadian personal income tax returns and all required information returns. We employ a number of U.S. Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) and IRS Enrolled Agents, in addition to Canadian Chartered Professional Accounts (CPAs) as team members.
Located in our Downtown office, the Manager – U.S. and Canadian personal/private client tax services should possess strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal. The candidate must be able to converse with clients in a professional manner. They would be expected to manage and mentor staff. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Must be able to work remotely and in an office environment. Willing to learn.
● The successful candidate must have a U.S. CPA / EA designation and at least 5 years worth of experience.
● The successful candidate will report to and take direction from the partners on various matters, however they should have a thorough knowledge of U.S. and Canadian cross-border planning and compliance issues relating to:
● U.S. controlled foreign corporations’ rules and filings (Form 5471),
● U.S. passive foreign investment corporations - PFICs (Form 8621).
● Distributions from foreign trusts (Forms 3520, 3520-A)
We provide a training program which consists of both internal and external courses. The successful candidate would be expected to participate in all training activities.