Tax Manager role with listed FTSE 250 business.
Your new company
Listed within the FTSE 250 my client is a market leader in the UK, Germany and Australia and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe, Asia and Latin America. The group employs over 11,000 staff operating in 33 countries around the world.
Your new role
You will be a well-rounded professional with superior intellectual capacity who has the ability to work hands-on in an intimate environment. You must be a strategic thinker with sound business judgement and the ability to identify critical tax issues and evaluate their potential impact on the business.
You will have good UK tax experience and some international experience, and, given the profile of the group, will understand what 'best in class' looks like in order to ensure a world class tax function.
On a personal level, you will be passionate, hard-working and driven, and it is critical that you are excited about the challenge and opportunity that the group presents. You will have a strong presence and commercial interest which enables you to engage effectively with people outside of tax to shape, combine and deliver business priorities with technical excellence.
About the role
The role will be responsible for supporting the Senior Tax Managers in the group tax team - implementing key tax projects and initiatives, managing the compliance obligations of the group and supporting in delivering the overall objectives of the tax team. This will be a broad role, working on both compliance and forecasting for a major listed group, but also supporting on implementing major projects and initiatives, and where needed on M&A activity and restructuring. The role will help drive partnering with the wider business and overseas markets to ensure that tax is at the table for key commercial discussions and that the business is well supported on tax issues.
Key responsibilities include:
* Work with international markets to deliver the full year and mid-year group reporting
* Forecast the group Effective Tax Rate, and support decision making through modelling the impact of business change and risks/opportunities arising
* Support the Senior Tax Managers on key projects and initiatives
* Manage UK compliance work
* Transfer pricing reviews and documentation
* Improving processes to streamline and reduce risk
* Build links with and support international markets
* Run key projects to deliver the objectives of the tax team
* Partner with the business to ensure that tax concerns are factored in to commercial decision making and that business initiatives are well supported from a tax perspective
* Help maintain and develop the group's relationship with HMRC and other tax authorities worldwide
This is a high-profile role within the business, reporting directly to Senior Tax Managers in the Group Tax Team, where the successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively across the business with non-tax people.
What you'll need to succeed
ACA and / or CTA qualified with the following attributes;
* Strong UK tax and some international tax expertise
* Experience of working in an in-house tax team for a large multinational or advising such businesses in a large accounting firm
* Strong experience in tax processes and driving process improvements
* A demonstrable track record of excellent judgement in taxation.Pace and urgency in implementing new projects and a good awareness of the impact on the business of new initiatives.
* A strong desire to work effectively with a range of non-tax people across business.
* Being prepared to break down organisational boundaries through collaboration and by building strong relationships based on trust with peers.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.