The Consultancy Group are working with a conglomerate of the business world who are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic VAT analyst to join their team at the heart of their European VAT compliance team. This is a well-established team based in the UK which is responsible for VAT compliance across the region as well as providing support to Tax colleagues and the wider business. The role will include accounting and VAT responsibilities including supporting internal and external audits.
* Prepare, review and submit European VAT returns and related filings such as EC Sales Listings.
* Prepare, review and submit Intrastat returns as necessary.
* Assist with VAT registrations across various jurisdictions.
* Preparation and review of month-end account reconciliations.
* Provide internal and external audit support, including data analysis.
* Assist with mapping VAT processes and identify areas for improvement.
* Assist with VAT compliance queries from company businesses operating across Europe.
* Must be a Spanish speaker.
* Right to work in the UK.
* Demonstrable work experience working in a finance or VAT function.
* Part-qualified or Qualified CIMA ,ACCA, ACA, AAT or similar credentials preferred.
* Relevant accounting and/or VAT experience (public/private mix preferred).
* Experience of compliance in other European jurisdictions advantageous.
For more information please contact Josh Burns at The Consultancy Group.