This presents an opportunity to work in the Global Headquarters of a FTSE 100 business. This business is consistently recognised as one of the world's most innovative companies.
As Tax Manager, you will provide support to the Senior Manager on a wide range of UK compliance and UK technical projects. The successful candidate, as part of a growing tax team, will experience a wide range of exposure to the headquarters and global functions of a large multinational organisation.
Working closely with the Senior Manager and other functional divisions of the department, you will play an essential role supporting delivery of the UK tax compliance obligations and assisting with the management of our global tax compliance outsource partner.
As part of a team, your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
* Review computations and statutory accounts disclosures as prepared by the global tax compliance outsource partner using ONESOURCE tax accounting software
* Interface with internal finance contacts and external service providers to ensure computations are accurate and prepared on a timely basis. Research and documentation of technical issues to provide robust support to filing positions adopted.
* Review of accounting transactions arising in the year, whether relating to internal or external reorganisations, and the necessary disclosures required in the tax computations.
* Review of statutory accounts disclosures, including reconciliation of the current and deferred tax accounts into Longview (group tax consolidation), HFM (group accounting consolidation) and resolve queries with external auditors.
* Preparation of group relief invoicing schedules.
* Interface with transfer pricing and international tax teams to ensure TP and CFC position documented appropriately in the UK tax computations.
* Review tax accounting processes and prepare documentation to enable Senior Accounting Officer sign off.
* Provide technical support to the Tax Director and Senior Manager on HMRC enquiries, ad hoc correspondence and relationship management;
* Input into Quarterly Instalment Payment calculations and develop the UK Quarterly Instalment Payment forecast model.
* Preparation of the UK corporate interest restrictions and UK Patent box deduction.
* Interface with external providers to prepare the RDEC and RDA's claims.
* Preparation of form CT61 for UK withholding tax.
* Review UK legislation updates and assess impact on the business.
* Review and feedback on quarterly reporting submission in Longview.
* Input into Longview tax consolidation system and preparation of tax disclosures and audit deliverables.
* Opportunity to assist with Group CFC review and global compliance and reporting management tool.
* Assist and support on new group projects relating to compliance and reporting.
This would be an ideal role for an individual looking to make their first move out of practice into a FTSE 100 business.