Our client is a multinational and market leading Energy business with operations in 47 countries across five continents. Head quartered in Europe and looking to add to their UK Tax Function, we are sourcing for a UK Mixed Tax Specialist for a Manager opportunity based in their Bristol offices. This will be an interesting opportunity for an experienced manager to take on the most senior tax position within their UK team and also leading and mentoring a Tax Assistant as a direct report.
This role will report directly into the CFO and will need to be the groups UK Tax Specialist and 'go to' person for all UK Tax related issues. Key activities will be reviewing and submitting all UK returns prepared by the Tax Assistant and taking leadership on providing tax advice to UK Finance, commercial, operations and supply teams.
* Additional accountability's include:Oversee other UK returns for CSO, RTFO and RDCO
* Manages the UK relationships with HMRC and auditors in respect of all tax and compliance matters.
* Takes ownership of tax GL account reconciliations and month end/ year end reporting of balances together with tax related cashflow forecasts;
* Assists with development of tax processes and procedures, including use of automation tools, to drive efficiency's whilst improving controls.
* Tax support, guidance and advice to local & regional business and operations, project management, regulatory watch and lobbying, effective tax rate management, optimisation tax working capital, communications with tax authorities, follow-up regional advisory costs, tax dispute resolution. End-to-end implementation & monitoring tax effectiveness various group tax structuring, M&A and greenfield projects.
The ideal candidate will have experience across both direct and indirect taxes in both in-house and/or Big 4 or Top 10 environments.
The opportunity is Bristol based and applicants must be prepared to attend office 3-4 days per week. A market leading salary and benefits package is also on offer.