Work with a market leading technology firm in an exciting transformation role.
Our client is a leading multinational tech firm with operations across Europe. Due to continued demand from the business, a need has arisen for an additional resource in a global tax technology team. Reporting the Tax Engine lead, this role will be responsible for analysing and implementing changes to the organisations VAT systems and processes. While they use 'home-grown' systems, they are interested in seeing candidates with prior experience using large ERPs or tax engines. This is an ideal opportunity for a specialist tax technology consultant, or a VAT advisor with strong systems experience.
* Work with the group VAT and internal IT teams to help refine the organisation's tax systems. This will include defining requirements, testing and upgrading systems to set budgets and time frames.
* Act as a key contact for business-wide programs that impact VAT.
* Support and implement tax driven initiatives, both new tax requirements (e.g. due to legislative change) or internal efficiency changes.
* Work with tax colleagues to develop reports and analyse tax data as required helping to formulate strategy and provide insight into the underlying data.
* Educate tax colleagues in the use of internal systems and how to interpret tax data.
* Support the VAT team with compliance activity, including the compilation and filing of VAT returns.
* Provide ad hoc support to other tax team members where required.
* Excellent client facing, relationship building and stakeholder management skills, coupled with strong commercial awareness
* Effective communication skills and the ability to work well in a large team.
* Detailed understanding of VAT is essential.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion on +44 7557 231 550