Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate/Senior Associate/Manager to join our U.S. International Tax practice.
A new hire will be permanently seconded to Singapore and function as part of KPMG’s US Tax Practice in Asia Pacific (ASPAC). Based in the office of KPMG’s Singapore member firm, KPMG’s US Tax Practice in ASPAC offers a wide range of leading US tax planning and operational tax, compliance and provision services in the ASPAC region.
• Advise multinational enterprises on U.S. inbound tax plannings, including helping our clients anticipate and understand the potential short- and long-term considerations and consequences of tax planning decisions, in the context of their wider business objectives and taking into account a multinational's tax risk profile, global effective tax rate, and cash posture
• Structure the tax aspects of multinational private equity and strategic mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, dispositions, and IPOs, along with drafting tax opinions, memos, structure decks, and Excel models (illustrating the tax benefits of alternative structures)
• Advise clients on income tax treaty planning opportunities arising from inbound and outbound cross-border investing and trading activities
• Provide aspects of all of the activities above to alternative investment companies, helping at all stages of the investment life cycle for both asset managers and portfolio companies operating globally, with a focus on structuring various types of investments, including alternative investments such as real estate, infrastructure and private equity.
• Advise pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, and other tax-exempt investors on the unique challenges and opportunities of investing into or out of the U.S.
• 0~ 5 years’ experience in U.S. tax
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university; Masters in Taxation, JD, and/or LLM (with a concentration in tax) preferred
• Knowledge of a broad range of U.S. international and domestic tax law provisions
• Strong research and writing, Excel modeling, and oral communication skills
• Ability to balance multiple engagements, play a positive role in well-functioning and collegial client service teams, maintain professionalism, and provide excellent client service.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high stressed environment.
• Candidates with Japanese, Korean or Thai language is a plus but not required.
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.