At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
It’s a very exciting time to join HMRC!
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is one of the largest Government Departments and one of the country’s biggest organisations. Almost every individual and business in the UK is a direct customer of HMRC. We collect in excess of £500 billion a year in revenue from over 50 million customers across the UK.
We are an effective, efficient and impartial tax and payments authority with a vital purpose:?To collect the money that pays for the UK’s public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
We have embarked on a major ground-breaking Programme to redirect more of our people and resources to compliance activities, modernising systems and re-engineering processes to become more customer-focused.
About Wealthy & Mid-sized Business Compliance (WMBC)
Part of WMBC, Wealthy’s job is to ensure wealthy individuals pay the right amount of tax.
Our approach is tailored to the risk that is presented by our customers - for those who present the greatest risk, we adopt a more intensive level of scrutiny, looking across all their linked entities (for example, corporates, trusts and charities) on an annual basis. We look to identify wealthy individuals meriting temporary closer scrutiny, monitoring and providing support to get it right, for instance based upon their previous compliance history, stage of life, career or business events.
We use strong, data-led approaches across the wealthy population to identify those that require investigation. We underpin all this with stronger insight into the wealthy, both to help us identify the right customers and to identify risks in the population. We seek to promote compliance amongst our customers through external engagement, in particular with agents and by being transparent with our views on risk and our approaches.
The definition of ‘wealthy’ is an individual with £200,000 of annual income and/or £2 million of assets (e.g. property and investments).
You will develop a deep understanding of the tax affairs of your customer base, utilising your tax professional knowledge to identify risks. You will use a range of tools and techniques to promote good compliance and both prevent and respond to non-compliance.
The tax affairs of the wealthy are often complex and involve structures and transactions that cut-across multiple jurisdictions. You will need to have a proven understanding across all main areas of Capital Gains Tax and Income Tax, including anti-avoidance provisions. You will regularly be addressing customers verbally and in writing on tax technical matters, continuously putting that knowledge into practice.
You will work closely with colleagues at grades Administrative Officer to Higher Officer to conduct compliance interventions. You will provide leadership to those that you work with for investigations and provide effective oversight of the work carried out.
Collaboration with colleagues both within and outside WMBC is key to ensuring we close the Wealthy tax gap. You will need to be comfortable working at pace with technical specialists, policy owners and legal professionals. The team has built successful working partnerships with colleagues across Customer Compliance Group, including in Counter-Avoidance, the WMBC Complex Evasion Programme and Fraud Investigation Service. Case Managers will have a key role to play in maintaining and developing these partnerships.
Key Responsibilities and Skills Required:
• Leading and delivering a programme of annual risk assessment for your allocated customer base
• Collaborating with internal stakeholders to lead the Department’s approach to compliance activity for your allocated customer base
• Leading a team-based approach to compliance activity in a confident, engaging and inspiring manner
• Developing a high level of tax technical knowledge across key Personal Tax regimes and applying this knowledge to identify and tackle compliance risk
• Accurately, clearly and expertly conveying HMRC’s position, verbally and in writing, on tax technical matters
• Conducting investigations efficiently, legally and proportionately in line with HMRC’s Compliance Professional Standards and ensuring all decisions are taken in line with guidance / governance protocols
• Developing and utilising investigation skills to a high standard to progress compliance interventions, including exchange of information requests and information powers, ensuring that decisions can be defended on legal challenge
• Preparing, to a high standard, submissions to technical specialists, policy owners and solicitors on contentious issues
You are required to demonstrate the following within your application:
• Driven and willing to learn, both initially as part of any required technical training, and continuously to ensure new legislation/aspects are learnt and adhered to
• Strong leadership skills
• Collaborative and have a strong team ethos, working alongside colleagues to meet set targets
• Strong stakeholder skills and comfortable presenting challenge or having difficult conversations where needed
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good planning and organisational skills
• Good skills around analysis and/or interrogation of data and information sources
• Good IT skills (e.g. MS Office, Sharepoint, Teams)
• ATT qualification or proven experience working in personal tax
• Experience of tax issues with entities involving complex tax affairs
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension, you'll join a scheme as soon as you start
• Generous annual leave, on top of bank holiday leave and you'll also enjoy an extra day off to mark the Queen's birthday
• You'll benefit from generous paid maternity and adoption leave