*** Starting Salary of £40,175 ***
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
It's an exciting time to join HMRC, an organisation that probably doesn’t work how you’d envision a government department would. We are one of the largest Government Departments and one of the UK’s biggest organisations. Almost every individual and business in the UK is a direct customer of HMRC.
This post currently attracts a nonpensionable Labour Market Supplement of £4,500 per annum, subject to being CISA certified or equivalent (CRISC, CISM and CGEIT), which is in addition to base salary.
Internal Audit is integral to our operation; working with every area of the Department providing assurance on governance, risk management and controls. As well as undertaking risk-based and compliance type audit work, we are actively brought in early to help the business design controls into new products and processes. HMRC is committed to becoming a ‘data driven organisation’ and undergoing the biggest digital transformation in government with some of the biggest and most exciting digital projects in Europe.
We are looking to recruit hardworking individuals who are keen to improve public services. We need people who can bring practicality, pragmatism and customer focus to the technical elements of the review process. You need to be a strong influencer, a good communicator and be able to move easily between great teammate and a great team leader as the situation requires. If you are ready for a change and have an appetite for the breadth of work this role offers, we can help you build an outstanding career in internal audit and wider HMRC/Government. This role will provide you with work that is meaningful, exciting and probably the most multifaceted in government. This is an opportunity that will no doubt stand out on any CV.
You will be supported by a team of outstandingly experienced and respected colleagues who will share their knowledge and promote your development. We will also value and learn from the experience you can bring to this organisation. We know flexibility and work-life balance is important, so we offer flexitime to our people, along with the choice of working from home at least two days per week.
We are looking for experienced IT auditors with a wide range of audit skills to support the delivery of assurance to the CEO/Accounting Officer.
• Leading all aspects of an IT audit assignment, to ensure that it is completed effectively, and that all work meets professional and quality standards.
• Identifying and assessing complex IT risks and controls.
• Collaborating closely and coordinating with high level audit customers to achieve excellent customer satisfaction.
• Being an active ‘critical friend’ within key programmes to implement Government and HMRC policy, to achieve strategic objectives.
• Providing professional consultancy/ad hoc advice on risk, governance, and control.
• Contributing to the development of the internal audit plan and processes.
• Acting as line manager to trainee auditors as the need arises.
• a qualified IT Auditor with an IT audit qualification (CISA or equivalent e.g. CRISC, CISM CGEIT) and completed logbook.
• a strong analytical problem solver who can challenge the status quo, provides solutions and works out what needs to be done and take pride in doing it to completion;
• an effective communicator both orally and verbally, supporting this with strong report writing skills, being able to communicate key messages clearly and succinctly to senior leaders;
• excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, being able to relate to people at all levels in an organisation and to build and maintain respect both professionally and personally;
• highly organised, with the ability to work on, and lead, multiple projects within timelines and with minimal direct supervision;
• a team player who can also exercise their initiative;
• adaptable to shifts in business focus and customer needs;
• able to demonstrate resilience and tact in the face of challenging circumstances.
• Recent experience of undertaking IT audits or experience of working in an IT operational assurance environment.
• Experience extracting and analysing data from a variety of systems
A qualified Internal IT Auditor with an IT audit qualification (CISA or equivalent e.g. CRISC, CISM CGEIT) and completed log book
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension