Ryan is an award-winning global tax services firm achieving international recognition and market leadership through client service excellence, workplace innovation, and employee development. Ryan's European practice, headquartered in London, supports multinational companies operating across Europe with a comprehensive suite of international tax services. Our multi-disciplinary team of more than 2,500 professionals and associates serves over 15,000 clients in more than 50 countries, including many of the world’s most prominent Global 5000 companies.
Ryan offers outstanding opportunities to work in a dynamic, rapidly expanding tax services firm serving the world’s most respected Global 5000 companies. Our innovative work environment, accelerated growth path for high performers, competitive benefits package, and outstanding earning potential provide the most rewarding career experience available in the industry.
About the role
Our continuous growth has led us to seek for an experienced professional to integrate our VAT Consulting department in our Paris office (France), but may involve travel (in Portugal and/or abroad).
Duties and responsibilities, as they align with Ryan’s Key Results
You will work in close collaboration with consultants, Senior Manager/s within the Consulting department and the Head of the Consulting department.
Manage the relationship and communications with clients.
- Research, prepare and supervise advices to clients on VAT and EU indirect tax matters;
- Supervise and manage Consultants and Senior consultants within the Consulting Team;
- Contact the EU tax authorities as regards files handled by the Consulting Team;
- Ensure vigilance and to maintain a good working knowledge on various VAT issues in Europe;
- Advise, supervise and manage where necessary complex VAT and indirect tax compliance aspects handled by the Consulting Team.
Education and Experience:
- Degree/Master in law, accounting, management or economics, preferably completed with a specialization in Tax;
- Fluent in English and ideally in French. German is not a requirement but would be of benefit;
- VAT and Indirect Tax working experience of at least 4 years in a company, legal or Consulting firm with an international environment;
- Willing to integrate within a dynamic multicultural team;
- Dynamic, strong relationship building, organized person, being able to set objectives and to face up to challenges;
- Hardworking team player with a friendly personality and with excellent interpersonal skills directed to the client.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be dynamic, have strong relationship building, be an organized person, be able to set objectives and to face up to challenges. This position, with strong added-value, will allow you to evolve quickly within the company.
Compensation and Benefits
Ryan offers flexible working through the MyRyan scheme, an innovative approach to reward and recognition and the chance to grow your skill set through internal learning. Our standard package is:
- Health insurance
- Meal Allowance
- Working from home benefit and set-up
At Ryan, we are guided by our core values:
Pursue Excellence – I create value through mastery, creativity and innovation;
Wired to Win – I drive exceptional results for our colleagues, clients and the Firm;
Generosity Matters – I share success with colleagues, clients and the community;
Build Trust – I demonstrate respect and trust for others; and
Integrity Always – I do what is right.
If this sounds like you, please contact our People Group