AVASK Accounting and Business Consultants Ltd is a rapidly expanding firm that specialises in International VAT, tax and accounting for e-commerce businesses which are located both internationally and in the UK.
AVASK are a recommended External Tax Advisor under the Amazon Global Selling Programme which assist thousands of sellers on Amazon FBA, eBay, Shopify and many other platforms. On top of this, it provides its clients with a comprehensive range of expertise – from providing practical guidance on cross-border transactions, making sure they are fully compliant with EU regulations, assisting on their company group structures and ongoing tax advisory services.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Indirect Tax Manager to join our Indirect Tax Team based in our Richmond Office in London. You will be responsible for assisting with indirect tax risks and providing high level VAT advice to the clients, meeting all deadlines and statutory requirements. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, strongly motivated and a clear communicator at all levels. The candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to work independently and pro-actively in a dynamic, agile, and forward-thinking team.
- Proactively advise and support the clients on all indirect taxation Consultancy matters
- Assist client with VAT audits and compliance checks
- Prepare and perform a first level review of the quarterly UK VAT tax returns and Annual adjustment
- Manage the relationship with HMRC and partners across Europe in relation to all VAT matters
- Manage the preparation of indirect tax returns
- Identify and ensure that legislative changes are reviewed and adopted as appropriate in a timely manner and implement systems changes if necessary
- Work with, and where required provide training to, the Accounts teams to ensure a strong control environment persists with well mapped out, and monitored, processes that drive core outputs
- Ensure that the VAT accounting arrangements are monitored and fit for purpose
- As necessary, review the overall management of tax compliance processes
- Assist in the development and implementation of tax policies, standards and templates to ensure consistency of good practice and compliance with relevant UK and European law and regulation
- The role may also include some additional support in relations to other Operational Taxes
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required:
- Experience working in VAT/Accountancy/Finance department
- Confident and with excellent communication skills for client interaction and engagement
- Relevant and recognised ATT / CTA / Tax Law or Law Degree
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Organised and proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Works well in a small team as well as independently
- Excellent multi-tasking ability
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to identify, network with and manage key stakeholders, building and maintaining effective working relationships
- Exceptional numerical and analytical ability, combined with a willingness to get involved at a detailed functional level as necessary
- Ability to leverage technology, identifying opportunities to improve processes and productivity
- Capability to develop new skills and understand new technology as required
What you’ll get in return:
- A collaborative culture of continuous learning to aid progression.
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Wellness days
- Birthday off after one year length of service