Working with the team to ensure that tax balances for Group reporting and statutory reporting of the group are delivered on a timely and accurate basis. The role will work alongside our outsource provider to ensure that our UK Tax Compliance obligations are fulfilled efficiently and completed to a high standard. This will include claims for R&D Expenditure Credit, Corporate Interest Restriction, Controlled Foreign Companies and optimisation of Group positions.
The role will involve interactions with HMRC on a real-time and resolving any UK enquiries that HMRC raise in respect of Corporation Tax.
Through the role you will develop a deep understanding about how the consumer business operates, where profit is generated and reporting the tax liabilities that arise as a result.
Responsibilities will include:
* Reporting of the Group tax balances included in the quarterly and annual tax balances which are disclosed in the press release and annual report. This includes preparing the UK balances and coordinating overseas teams and outsource providers to ensure the year end tax balances can be delivered smoothly.
* Forecasting the Effective Tax Rate ('ETR') and cash tax of the group. This requires considerable insight into the understanding of the business and how the changing product mix and tax landscape contribute to the ETR. This work will also be used to support the quarterly UK cash tax payment calculations
* Preparation of the Country by Country Report ('CbCR') to be shared with tax authorities around the world and appropriate engagement with stakeholders to ensure accuracy of balances.
* Oversight of Compliance Outsource Providers in respect of tax balances in the statutory accounts and Tax Compliance Obligations, including Group Relief and Interest Restrictions.
* Responsibility for calculating Research and Development Expenditure Credit claims, including providing support on accounting and resolution of HMRC enquiries.
* Resolution of tax disputes with HMRC
* Provision of tax support and advice for UK business including resolution of queries
* Transfer Pricing documentation review and profitability analysis for UK and Ireland legal entities
* Providing tax analysis on intra-group funding, dividends and ad hoc company reorganisations.
* Preparing the quarterly UK cash tax payment calculations and associated forecasting
* Lead relevant projects to deliver the above