I'm currently sourcing for a European Tax Manager to join an FMCG on a 3-5 month interim assignment whilst we source a permanent hire. Anyone with EMEA tax reporting experience under US GAAP would be well suited for this position. Start date is relatively flexible so I'd be interested in speaking to people who would be available in the next 4-6 weeks in addition to immediately available candidates. Offices are in Buckinghamshire, ideally they'd like someone in the office a couple of times per week.
Purpose of Job:
* To assist the Director of EMEA Taxation in group corporate tax planning and compliance throughout Europe including tax return compliance, transfer pricing and group restructuring
* Responsible for the timely delivery of quarterly tax reporting for the group and under US GAAP across a number of European jurisdictions.
Principle Accountability's & Key Tasks:
* Strategic corporate tax planning and implementation
* Delivery of quarterly tax reporting for EMEA entities under US GAAP.
* Support for local tax filings throughout the year.
* Preparation and/or review of Local GAAP tax disclosures for statutory accounts
* Monitor existing transfer pricing policies and assist with documentation and compliance
* Support for local tax audits and inspections
* Tax effecting budget and forecast data for EMEA.
* Monitoring cash tax payments & forecasting
* Foster strong relationships with the local finance teams across EMEA and their local advisors.
* Liaise effectively with Regional and Corporate Finance teams.
Knowledge & Experience:
* Professional accounting qualification required ACA/ACCA
* CTA / ADIT or equivalent tax qualification desirable
* Big Four/Large accountancy firm experience preferred
* Several years post-qualification experience in tax across multiple jurisdictions, ideally with tax experience in a group with a US NYSE listed parent in a SOX controlled environment
* Strong Excel skills required. Previous experience of HFM and OneSource helpful.
* Language skills would be beneficial but not essential
* Ability to work in a matrix and process driven environment.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with experience working across different cultures.