Greenfield position with an global retail group.
Our client is a multinational retail group with operations worldwide. The business will be creating a new tax function in Zurich, and are prioritising a senior hire to support the group on all VAT, GST and Sales tax obligations. On offer will be a competitive salary package for the right candidate.
* Evaluate business and corporate strategies for indirect tax efficiency, participate in decision making and deployment of the strategies;
* Advise the Business Units on indirect tax queries (including in Europe) related to existing and new business areas;
* Reviewing new legislation and advise the Head of Tax on the implications for the group's indirect tax position;
* Update and document existing procedures and processes, and/or implement new processes where necessary, to ensure robust indirect tax compliance and reporting;
* Ensure staff involved in the end-to-end VAT process are properly coached on indirect tax processes and procedures, and are supported in their day-to-day role (e.g. by providing checklists or through answering ad hoc queries);
* Oversight and support with audits and controversy as required, proactively seeking to manage and reduce risks;
* Work with and manage external Big 4 advisers to obtain robust, timely and practical advice on indirect tax matters affecting existing and new business areas;
* Provide ad hoc support to the wider Tax and corporate leadership teams.
In order to succeed in this challenging role, it is expected that you will have:
* Strong stakeholder management skills.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
* International VAT experience, ideally in a Goods focused industry sector.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion on +44 7557 231 550.