APAC Tax Advisory Director, Financial Services
Responsible for the delivery and execution of tax advisory in the APAC region, supporting all Group Tax functions (Operations, Indirect Tax and Transfer Pricing) in order to deliver efficient, timely and accurate tax results for the Group, while mitigating tax risks and defending the Group from exposure to adjustments arising on tax audits / enquiries. In this position you will ensure the global tax strategy is embedded within everything that they do, managing risk both within APAC and the interaction with other regions the Group operates in while overseeing and implementing the Transfer Pricing strategy in the APAC. Given the in region, matrix leadership requirements of the role across operations and indirect tax, it is essential that this positions retains clear lines of communication to the heads of both functions in addition to the direct relationship to the Head of Tax Advisory. Business facing, you will form a deep understanding of our Business, maintaining essential partnerships with the relevant Finance Business Partners and ultimately the business managers themselves. Providing first class tax advice and adding value to the business, supporting and enabling the overall strategy of the Group from a tax perspective.
You will be required to support the Director of Strategic Tax Advice as needed on projects impacting your region as well as engaging the advisory capabilities of the Tax Operations team members who provide first line tax support on a day to day basis.
You will serve as contact with People functions (HR, payroll, reward etc) providing guidance and advice on employment tax matters throughout the region. Working closely with the Groups advisors covering the region, you will advise the business to deliver the desired employment tax outcome.
The position is accountable for ensuring the company achieves the appropriate balance of economic business results, financial accounting, tax accounting, effective tax rate and tax cash flows within the region while overseeing all regional tax controversy matters.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities, Include
* Providing first class tax advisory to both the business and the Group as a whole.
* Review, implement and monitor key strategic tax arrangements that give rise to significant tax risks and or benefits. Understanding and communicating how changes within both the Groups' operations and tax law will impact the Group as a whole.
* Performing and monitoring the Risk Matrix assessment on key tax risks.
* Assisting with consistent implementation of the Groups Tax Strategy and Policies.
* Assisting with the preparation and drafting of governance papers and reports. E.g. audit committee and board papers.
* Preparing documentation and analysis on key tax positions for the inclusion within the tax computation and financial statements. Including the analysis of our positions on any potential tax reserves for agreement with the Groups auditors.
* Front line lead in assisting the Group Head of Advisory on local tax audits.
* Providing advice on the utilisation of Group tax attributes.
* Local implementation of the Transfer Pricing strategy set out by the transfer pricing team. Including the management and ongoing maintenance of the require documentation.
* Assisting the Operations team with the transfer of the compliance process to the regional director and the subsequent continued technical advice as required.
* Monitoring of the Groups exposure to permanent establishment exposure. Including advising on tax risk mitigation and advisory of required additional compliance.
* Monitoring the ever-evolving tax law changes and advising on the impact on the Groups tax positions and advising on any impact on the Groups future ETR.
* Advising the Operations Team on the impact of new regional reporting requirements.
* Advising on multi regional and multi tax projects. Providing project management advice when complex cross board arrangements impact a wide range of issues.
* Advice on Withholding tax and Stamp Duty.
* Supporting HR with income tax advisory on an adhoc basis.
Leadership & Management
* Jointly responsible for galvanising the matrix relationships throughout Group tax, ensuring full coverage throughout.
* Assisting the Head of Tax Advisory with strengthening of the company's competitive advantage through excellence in delivering and maintaining the company's tax strategy and polices.
* Partnering with stakeholders to deliver first class tax advice.
* Role modelling the Groups values and contributing towards making Group Tax an exceptional environment to work.
Key Skills and Qualifications
* You will be qualified ACA/ACCA/CTA or equivalent, with a strong tax advisory background gain within APAC.
* You will have gained significant experience advising global corporations on tax matters and be comfortable with communicating with senior stakeholders and working in a matrix-based organisation.
* You will have experience of leading a team remotely across a large diverse region and will be able to manage both internal and external advisors based locally.
* Have experience leading projects with external advisors to drive projects forward with practical advice and within budget.
* Demonstrate the ability to build excellent relationship with stakeholders both inside and outside the tax department.
* Commercially focused with a proactive approach to finding solutions and be able to make decisions that meet tax requirements and business priorities.
* A high level of interpersonal skills and an ability to function optimally as part of a distributed team that coordinates, works, and reports out of different geographies.
* Demonstrate a curious mind, keen to learn and contribute and make a difference and be a genuine teammate with a strong sense of ownership and accountability. Have the ability to mentor and develop others within the team.
* Knowledge of UK and or US tax landscape's would be an advantage.
* Ability to speak an APAC language in addition to being fluent in English would be useful but not essential.
* Experience gained within a listed public and or regulated company is helpful but not essential.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered.