The Consulatncy Group are currently partnered with a major Global Hospitality company, looking to add a Senior Tax Accountant to their ever growing Tax team.
* Running and working on core tax areas covering the UK&I compliance responsibilities across direct tax, indirect tax and some employment taxes.
* Monitor developments in tax legislation and case law to find opportunities or threats.
* Pro-actively designing and implementing new processes and procedures to improve working practices and acquire efficiency gains.
* Participate in cross-functional teams within the business in order provide tax advice e.g. new products, services or policies.
* Resolving accurate VAT treatment of products and transactions.
* Running the UK&I quarterly tax projections submitted to the US.
* Building relationships with UK&I tax authorities and dealing with reviews and correspondence.
* Supporting Global Tax and the US on any wider initiatives and tax requirements.
* Working with external advisors to obtain tax advice, digesting the information and implementing it in a practical way.
* Supporting the tax processes and governance areas around tax risk e.g. SAO, SOX.
* ACA / ACCA/ CTA / CA / AAT Qualified.
* Corporate Tax background.
* Being adaptable to the dynamically changing environment e.g. changing legislation, working practices or adoption of new technology.
* Self-awareness and a true understanding of their own strengths and weaknesses, and being able to adapt and compensate.
* Knowledge of accounting, accounting principles and FRS102 or equivalents.
* Experience in Excel, including lookups, pivot tables and similar functions.
* Ability to utilize and understand different software packages and finance systems.
For more information please contact Josh Burns at The Consultancy Group.