Our client is a major manufacturing group, they seek an experienced corporate tax professional to oversee and manage Group Tax. You will need mainstream UK corporate tax experience and ideally some experience of transfer pricing. Your key responsibilities will be to lead and manage the global direct tax matters for the Group with responsibility for tax governance and risk management, tax reporting, transfer pricing and compliance. Ensuring the business takes decisions in a tax efficient manner and in accordance with the tax strategy. Day to day this will involve:
• Leading the tax reporting and audit process for the Group, delivering accurate tax balances, tax notes and disclosures for the interim and annual reports.
• Lead the audit relationship for tax with Group external auditors focusing on agreement for key areas of estimation and judgement including the Group’s uncertain tax provision and deferred tax assets.
• Drive the Group’s effective tax rate with appropriate and compliant implementation of the Group transfer pricing policy, maximising tax planning opportunities and managing the Group’s direct tax risk.
• Lead the Group’s transfer pricing strategy, updating transfer pricing policies as required for business and strategic change. Ensure all Group transfer pricing documentation is prepared in accordance with local legislative requirements and submitted within the required deadlines.
• Manage the operational aspects of implementing the Group transfer pricing policy.
• Develop and maintain a Tax Strategy for the Group in line with business objectives and legislative requirements. Communicate with the business and finance professionals to help embed the Tax Strategy within the business.
• Develop appropriate direct tax risk management strategies. Regularly monitor and assess material tax risk and communicate as appropriate to the CFO and other internal stakeholders.
• Oversee the Group’s global direct tax compliance function in achieving its accountabilities including the preparation of and timely filing of all corporation tax returns and payments for all entities. End to end responsibility for the UK corporation tax return process including final technical review. Assist local finance teams to ensure full compliance with direct tax filing requirements in all other jurisdictions.
• Lead the relationship with HMRC in the UK, managing the annual business risk review process and all communication between the Group and HMRC.
• Act as primary contact for local accountants, external tax advisers and internal teams such as HR and payroll. Assist them with interactions with HMRC. Lead multidisciplinary teams across Tax, Treasury, Accounting and Legal as needed for project work.
• Manage tax audits and enquiries to ensure resolution of material issues, minimising additional cost to the Group, managing tax controversy and protecting the Group transfer pricing position where relevant.
It is likely that you will be CTA qualified or equivalent with at least 10 years’ UK corporate tax experience as well as tax reporting, transfer pricing and governance & risk management, ideally gained in-house or in a large accountancy firm but dealing with large international Groups. You will also need experience of managing relationships with taxation authorities, auditors and external advisers and practical knowledge of IFRS accounting standards for tax. The icing on the cake would be experience of implementing business change and process improvement, in particular demonstration of influencing skills. This is a great in-house role reporting in to a CFO and overseeing tax for the whole group.