HMRC Customer Services Group (CSG) brings together all operational directorates in a single customer facing organisation. We employ around 25,000 colleagues supporting all personal and business taxes across the UK, as well as payment of benefits (on behalf of DWP). CSG has a clear ambition to be the best customer service organisation in the UK.?
Personal Tax Operations employs around 9, 000 people delivering PAYE, Self-assessment and National Insurance services to more than 40 million customers. It is critical in helping our customers understand and comply with their tax and national insurance responsibilities. This is achieved through a national network of four groups, who provide customer services activities across phone, post and digital channels to both individuals and employers.
Personal Tax Operations is in an exciting period of change as HMRC enhances its service structure to transform the experience for our customers. This is a fantastic opportunity and an exciting time to join the team in further developing and implementing the vision for our services in the coming years.
PT Operations North East Group employs around 3500 people to provide customer service across a range of channels. As part of this role you would also act as HMRC’s Senior Responsible Manager (SRM) for Benton Park View.
• Delivering customer service:
• Management and responsibility for the successful delivery of business objectives and associated Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including newly developed customer measures;
• People leadership, management and development including identifying and growing our talent and ensuring that our people are engaged and respected at work;
• Transforming services for our customers:
• Leading the modernisation of our services, ensuring that they are better for the customer; better for our people; and better for business.
• Shaping and designing the PT Operations, linking into HMRC and Customer Service Group Transformation.
• Managing and taking informed risks to improve productivity and customer experience, through listening to our customers and front-line colleagues.
• Role modelling leadership behaviours as a highly effective, visible and inspirational leader, and championing the ambition for your directorate and the wider Customer Services Group to provide the best possible customer service;
• Creating and supporting a people culture that focusses on respect and wellbeing. Foster behaviours which create a culture of empowerment that motivates and develops all our people to give their best and take pride in working for HMRC.
• Leading, inspiring and motivating people to deliver change and optimise delivery, embedding continuous improvement in all that we do and role modelling expected behaviours.
• Leading several large, multi-channel sites, managing effective performance in real time to expected targets, and ensuring that all leaders in turn manage their people to deliver results.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate their experience and capability in the following areas:
• Significant experience working at senior operational leadership level role with service delivery experience gained in a complex, fast paced and organisation.
• Excellent people leadership, a strong leader who can drive real engagement, inspire and empower staff to deliver and innovate.
• The ability to work in partnership with stakeholders from a wide range of organisations and disciplinary boundaries.
• Strong collaboration and influencing skills with the ability to build an effective network of key stakeholders quickly.
• An ability, through a proactive approach to engagement with senior stakeholders, to understand the implications of complex policy and transformation for the customer.
Communicating and Influencing
• Communicating complex ideas and information simply and eloquently to a wide range of stakeholders.
• An effective and sophisticated influencer able to shape and lead an agenda across organisational boundaries with minimal steers or oversight.
• Experience of effectively developing and encouraging innovation and constructively challenging status quo thinking and approaches.
Change Management and Customer Focus
• A real customer focus and a demonstrable track record in driving customer-centric change within complex, highly transactional environments.
• Significant experience in delivering through a transformation and cultural change programme in response to the changing needs of the customer
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension