ABOUT OUR CLIENT
As a longstanding client of ours, this US tax firm provides individual, partnership, corporate, trusts and estate tax compliance and advisory for anyone subjected to the US tax system globally. With nearly 40 years of experience, they have offices across Europe (including London, Geneva, Zurich and Stockholm) and bring expertise from all the major accounting firms. Blackden Consulting has placed numerous people with this firm and is retained on this particular assignment.
The experienced Senior US Tax Manager sits within the Trust Division, but prior Trusts experience is not required if you have a strong Corporate/Individual/FS US tax background. There is also a clear path of promotion to Associate Director in this role.
In this role you'll be responsible for overseeing the preparation and full review of U.S. Tax Returns, and advising clients on various matters relating to U.S. Federal Tax law:
• Must be technically proficient with Forms 1040 for high-net-worth individuals with international tax issues including CFC (5471) and PFIC compliance 8621.
• Must be technically proficient with Forms 3520/3520A, 1120F, 5472, 8858, 8865, account analysis, DNI and UNI Calculations, 1065, etc.
• Thorough knowledge of consulting with high-net-worth individuals on some of the following areas; financial planning, wealth transfer planning, business succession planning or trust and estate work, corporate, partnership and trust structures
• Foreign Nationals investing in the USA through offshore pension and trust structures.
• Knowledge of Various US Tax Treaties, Income & Estate
• FATCA Expertise, foreign Trust and corporate structure, compliance as well as consulting
• Public Speaking, assist with building and developing the Trust Tax Practice.
• Reviewing complex tax returns including federal and multi-state returns, Corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, trusts & estates, and foundations.
• Understanding your client goals and needs and servicing clients directly
• Assist in identifying opportunities for growth with clients
• Actively work on identifying opportunities and develop the professional practice to achieve challenging growth targets
• Working closely with and managing staff, assisting senior management in mentoring, coaching, training, supervising, evaluating and hiring new staff
• Meet Monthly Billing and Sales Targets; Mature attitude to the Financial Aspects of Client Work including Bad Debts
• Company marketing projects and presentations on U.S. Tax matters to Swiss New Potential clients
• You will be based in our client's Zurich or Geneva office, working in a team closely work with the Tax Director, and liaising with our offices in Geneva and London
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related
• Technical expertise in the field of federal taxation and multi-state returns Corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, trusts & estates, and foundations is a must
• 9+ years of experience in taxation and public accounting or related field
• Must have active CPA / EA or equivalent certification
• Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
• Works with Directors to develop one or more firm strategic initiative (i.e., workpapers/processes, technical tax handbook, training and development, specific sales strategies, etc.) and is responsible in bringing these firm strategic initiatives to fruition
• Demonstrates the ability to effectively teach technical training to peers and partners and takes a proactive role in teaching them
• Proficient with a computer software packages and platforms including Microsoft Office Suite, ProSystem FX or Axcess, BNA Research Material.
• Acts like a leader, envisions new opportunities and provides leadership with suggestions for positive change
• Fluent in English, French and/or German is a plus but not necessary
This is an excellent opportunity for those looking to work in Swtizerland, with a reputable US tax firm.