At Imperial Brands, we’re a truly international company driven by a strong challenger culture. We’re an inclusive, innovative and responsible FTSE30 FMCG business widely recognised on the global stage. We generate over £30bn revenue and employ over 27,500 like-minded achievers in markets worldwide. We’re driven by a common purpose: to create something better.
Alongside maximising our respected brands, we’re increasingly focused on developing a leading portfolio of next generation products with lower health risks than regular tobacco products, all underpinned by leading edge science, high-quality innovation and high standards of governance.
Our entrepreneurial spirit, ability to challenge the status quo and think on our feet along are our keys to success and that of the thousands of people who work here. Here You Can.
Tax Reporting Accountant
Permanent, Full time
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Here at Imperial Brands we currently have an excellent opportunity for a Tax Reporting Accountant to join our Group Tax team on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Senior Tax Manager you will be responsible for supporting the team to deliver the interim and yearend tax consolidation, as well as ETR forecasts. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a strong background in tax looking to take on a challenging role within a FTSE30 business.
● Advises group finance on tax impacts of consolidation journals, fair value adjustments, IFRS pension adjustments and deferred tax on unremitted earnings
● Point of contact with group finance and external auditors for tax arising on consolidation adjustments
● Reviews ETR Reports for key jurisdictions and investigates variances
● Prepares reconciliations needed to explain key drivers of ETR
● Provides support and training to various local finance teams globally on use of tax reporting software
● Supports other members of the Group Tax team on various projects and workstreams, as required
Skills & experience:
● Qualified Accountant or Tax Adviser (ACA/ACCA or CTA) having trained in corporate tax within professional practice or corporate environment
● Experience of preparing or auditing tax consolidations (IFRS reporting environment) for a large multi-currency group
● Experience of working with tax or finance systems is preferable, for example Longview or SAP
● Strong proficiency with Excel
● Ability to explain IFRS deferred tax accounting to non-tax specialists
● Ability to work well under pressure
● Pro-active and highly organised
What we offer:
Imperial Tobacco offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, pension and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).
Interested applicants should apply with their CV highlighting their suitability for the role.