A.C.T, a private client-centric group of companies based in Mayfair, provides wealth structuring and advisory services to its clients. Please see our website www.act.london for further information.
We are looking for a well rounded private client tax senior or semi-senior, able to think out of the box and with a firm grasp of the needs of UHNW individuals and their families to assist our Private Client Advisory team in Mayfair (London) and become a team player working in co-ordination with the leadership team of the A.C.T. group.
THE KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE ARE:
• Act as a key point of contact within the department, together with the Head of Tax
• Prepare tax advisory reports for a wide range of clients: from stakeholders in privately owned and entrepreneurial businesses, executives of multi-national firms, landed estates and to senior members of private equity firms who may be tax resident and/or domiciled in a range of jurisdictions
• Preparation of Self-Assessment Tax Returns for including assessing inheritance tax, capital gains tax, foreign income, EIS
• Respond quickly to, as well as anticipate client requests/needs, keep clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintain regular contact with clients
• Recognize and keep the Partner informed about, any new business opportunities for own and other departments arising on existing and new clients
• Liaise with HMRC, clients, banks, other professionals
• Ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep all parties informed of overruns
• Ensure that the firm’s quality control procedures are adhered to
• Identify risk and technical matters, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
• Must provide overall compliance and technical support on client matters
• Actively participate in bids/proposals for new work
• Manage WIP and Billing process
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• A minimum of 3 (Semi-Senior) or 5 (Senior) years of experience working in a UK tax advisory and compliance department
• Ideally ATT/CTA qualified ; we are open to high performing applicants with other relevant tax experience who hold a suitable foreign tax or accounting qualification
• Strong organization skills
• Fluency (native language) in at least 1 of the major European languages (Spanish, Italian, French, German, Portuguese, Russian or Turkish)
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to work under pressure on multiple projects to meet deadlines
• Excellent level of Microsoft Office Suite, IRIS
• Sound knowledge of UK income taxation and preferably awareness of international tax issues
• Sound knowledge of accountancy principles
• Strong entrepreneurial streak and attitude.
• Outstanding organisational skills.
• Street wise with superior negotiation skills and the confidence to challenge where required.
• Project management experience ideal.
• A self-starter, adaptable person with problem solving mentality
• Confidence to ask questions and/or seek solutions when required.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle highly sensitive information.
• Refined interpersonal skills, with the ability to form good working relationships with key clients, investors and other parties including UHNWI, celebrities and peers
• Ability to remain firm yet polite and professional when dealing with difficult issues.
• Ability to work in a fast paced international environment.
• Takes responsibility and accountability for own work.
• Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
Salary: according to experience with access to performance based incentive scheme payable quarterly depending on seniority