This is a greenfield Head of Tax position taking responsibility for all Taxes globally for this internationally renowned Financial Services Group.
My client is a global Financial Services provider with over 50 offices worldwide and circa 4,500 staff. Over the last 2 years or so the organisation has experienced significant growth through acquisitions and organically with further plans to growth both more service lines and territories.
You will report directly to the Group CFO and whilst the role is currently stand alone you will have significant support from the wider finance function as well as advisers. More specifically the role will involve:
* Oversight and review of all Tax (direct and indirect) compliance globally but with significant support from advisers in all territories.
* Working with business in all areas to further support from a Tax perspective and help develop new initiatives, service lines and products.
* Leading all Tax planning projects in conjunction with the Group's Tax key stakeholders, the key areas being around:
* Acquisitions - conducting Tax due diligence on potential acquisitions and liaising with the group's external legal advisers;
* Restructuring - researching and advising on the Taxation consequences of post-acquisition restructuring required to obtain intended efficiencies including any requesting rulings from local Taxation authorities.
* The Head of Tax will also assist the lead Taxation external adviser on Taxation issues arising when considering and completing complex submissions, appeals, related party financing's, and common use of group assets and services including centralisation.
You will be a qualified Tax professional ideally having trained with one of the large accounting firms. There is a strong preference for candidates with a good body of in house FS Tax experience already however, the CFO, will consider strong applicants looking for their first from the profession also.
Base between £110,000 and £140,000 plus excellent bonus and benefits package.