At Landis+Gyr, we share a collective and sole mission: to help the world manage energy better. With over 6,000 employees in 30 countries and as the leading provider of integrated energy management solutions, we ensure that both utility companies and consumers can improve their energy efficiency, lower their energy costs and contribute to the sustainable use of resources.
For our Group Tax Department at the company headquarters in Zug, we are looking for a highly motivated:
Senior Manager Tax Reporting & Compliance
The Senior Manager Tax Reporting & Compliance is responsible for the consolidated US GAAP income tax reporting of the Landis+Gyr Group and the tax compliance of the Swiss entities. Your main responsibilities will among others include:
▪ Review and prepare income tax entries in the consolidated accounts (US GAAP)
▪ Collaboration with Group Accounting team, prepare the Half Year and Annual Report according to US GAAP and SIX filing requirements including footnote and financial report
▪ Preparation of presentations and documentations for the half year and year end closing
▪ Review and prepare the quarterly reporting / forecast / budget income tax information including tax expense, tax provision, effective tax rate and cash tax
▪ Monitor the effective tax rate and cash tax payments and prepare forecasts
▪ Close collaboration with regional CFOs in EMEA, Asia Pacific and the Americas as well as Group Finance and Tax functions
▪ Assess, develop and document the effectiveness of internal controls in tax and review where appropriate and ensure compliance of Group Tax processes to Group ICS
▪ Review the US GAAP tax reporting for the Swiss legal entities and first point of contact with regard to consolidated tax accounting matters for business units and external audit team
▪ Pro-actively seek out and develop solutions to mitigate risks and identify opportunities to optimize
▪ Take full ownership for the Swiss income and transaction tax compliance
▪ Manage the relationship with the Swiss tax authorities and advise various stakeholders on Swiss tax matters
This expert position requires the following skills & experience:
▪ University degree or relevant professional qualification (e.g. Swiss tax experts) in finance, accounting, business informatics or similar qualifications
▪ Minimum 8 years’ work experience gained in a senior position in the tax accounting field either in-house or in a leading public accounting firm
▪ Excellent knowledge of and proven track record in managing and optimizing in US GAAP tax reporting
▪ Analytical and creative thinking including financial planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
▪ Ability to perform in-depth research and analysis
▪ Readiness of mind, strong analytical skills and a methodical way of work
▪ Self-starter, highly flexible, able to work under pressure and team-oriented personality
▪ Proficiency in MS Office and working knowledge of Cognos is a plus
▪ Fluent English and German, any other language is a plus
We offer you an exciting opportunity in an international and innovative environment at an industry leading company. If you have the necessary skills and expertise, but above all the drive to make a real difference and take on responsibility, then we are very much looking forward to meeting you.
Please send your application to jobsCH@landisgyr.com, Philipp Ruffiner, HR Business Partner.
Unfortunately, applications from external personnel service providers cannot be considered for this position.