Flow is an API driven SaaS platform that helps e-commerce merchants scale their brands globally. By leveraging Flow, merchants can avoid all of the common sources of friction associated with international expansion. In particular, shipping internationally, calculating taxes and duties, executing on local pricing strategies and creating a truly local customer experience is costly and labor intensive. Flow solves these pain points by offering a multitude of international shipping options, local payment methods and localizing all aspects of the merchant’s site. The result is a next generation SaaS platform for global commerce that is fully configurable and pre-integrated with our global partner ecosystem. Flow focuses on the end consumer’s experience and maximizing the merchant’s conversion rates above all.
Flow was the brainchild of Rob Keve (CEO) and Mike Bryzek (CTO). Their shared vision to create a next-generation solution for cross-border eCommerce was the natural evolution of their roles as founder of customer experience pioneer Fizzback (acquired by NICE) and co-founder of eCommerce giant Gilt (acquired by Hudson’s Bay Company and sold to Rue La La). Flow is the solution Rob wished he had at Fizzback to show best practices in customer experience, and Mike wished he had at Gilt to generate international sales.
Flow raised Series A funding from Bain Capital Ventures, Forerunner and Fung Capital. Flow recently raised $37M Series B funding with lead investor NEA.
About the Role:
Flow is currently seeking a Tax Manager reporting the General Counsel to join Flow to play a critical role in managing various indirect tax aspects of Flow’s global business. The tax manager will manage all tax matters related to VAT, sales tax, GST and other indirect taxes, including the compliance with tax regulations in the 40+ countries where we operate.
What you’ll do:
● Manage various indirect tax aspects of Flow’s global business
● Deliver timely and accurate indirect tax advice to business units
● Manage the indirect tax aspects of new country expansion
● Keeping up-to-date on current sales and use tax practices and technical issues
● Manage and participate in development of software solutions for indirect tax and customs taxes
● Understanding billing and reporting systems and providing system and invoicing requirements related to changing tax laws or business operations.
● Managing relationships with outside tax consultants and regulatory authorities on an ongoing basis
● Maintaining and communicating knowledge of past, present and potential future tax laws, regulations, rulings, procedures and court decisions.
● Creation and then subsequent ownership of a tax risk register for the group, documenting the group's tax risks and approach to mitigating these risks via processes and controls.
● Maintenance and annual update of tax strategy publication on the website.
● Oversight of the VAT returns for distance selling in the UK and Rest of the World.
● Researching advanced international indirect tax issues
● Collaborate and coordinate with various business resources, other tax functions, and external tax advisors
● Advise on intercompany relationships and transactions
● 6 or more years of indirect tax experience
● Experience working with billing and reporting systems, providing invoicing requirements related to changing tax laws or business operations.
● Accounting firm experience, as well as previous in-house experience within a multinational business.
● Familiarity with the indirect taxation trends for cross-border ecommerce
● Experience with customs compliance a plus
● Professionally qualified in tax or accountancy (ACA and/or CTA).
● Excellent knowledge of global VAT systems, particularly in the EU, as well as knowledge of Sales and Use taxes as it applies in the United States.
● Experience with indirect taxes in other regions desired
● Capable to working independently
● Ability to articulate complex concepts in a concise manner in both written and verbal presentations
● Ability to build a team of global tax professionals
● Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects.
● Able to work in a fast paced, informal environment.
Please note that candidates need to be currently based in Dublin