Element Solutions is a results-oriented company focused on innovation and service. We prioritize our customers’ success, which in turn drives opportunities for our employees and value for our shareholders. Our formula for value creation starts with our passion for innovation followed by an unrelenting focus on operational excellence. This formula, combined with our asset efficient business model, drives sustainable organic value creation and enables attractive, strategic investment opportunities.
Our employees embody the 5 C’s of our culture in their interactions with customers, colleagues and other counterparties to drive sustainable financial performance and create a rewarding environment. Check out the link to learn more about us: https://lnkd.in/eTfjPZq
Join our EMEA VAT compliance team as a VAT Compliance Review Officer in Hungary and you will have the opportunity to work on various EMEA companies in our Dunaharaszti Financial Shared Service Centre (“FSSC Dunaharaszti”). Our team works seamlessly across countries and service lines with the major Financial Shared Service Centres in Spain and the UK.
The candidate will report directly to the EMEA Indirect Tax Compliance Manager. As a VAT Compliance Reviewer Officer in the FSSC Budapest, your main function is to oversee and co-ordinate all VAT Compliance activities of our EMEA companies, including:
· Monitoring the quality of the indirect tax data and reports of our EMEA companies
· Review and approve indirect tax returns
· Follow up on legislative changes and business changes in order to ensure that the systems and/or processes are updated
· Identify issues and opportunities to continuously improve the VAT compliance processes
· Supervise coach and lead junior team members
· Proposing improvement possibilities to raise effectiveness and efficiency of the work processes
· Review monthly controls (including SOX) and work with the team to ensure that all controls and compliance requirements are fulfilled.
· Ensure the team is “audit ready always” and work closely with them and affiliates to facilitate both internal and external audits related to the VAT processes.
· Work with the team, the local controllers, other departments and our Tax department to help resolve any issues promptly and ensure that the relevant parties are informed and involved where appropriate
In addition, you will get a chance to work on one or more strategic initiatives we define in terms of:
• Process: standardization, centralization, supply chain opportunities, etc.
• Technology: automation, data analytics, dashboarding, etc.
Skills and attributes for success
· Dynamic, innovative & problem resolution focus with strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Team player with project management capabilities
· Highly motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team
· A desire to learn and develop into the role
· Ability to plan and prioritize work
To qualify for the role, you must have
· Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in EMEA VAT compliance, either in industry or with other service providers.
· Basic understanding of other compliance activities such as statutory accounting.
· Basic understanding of IT-systems and VAT reporting solutions
Ideally, you’ll also are / have
· Fluent in English – written and spoken. Any additional European language is an asset
· Excellent communication across cultures and within a virtual working environment
· Experience with SAP and / or JD Edwards systems which we use
What working at Element Solutions Inc offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
· A challenging position within an international company with room for personal and professional development.
Dunaharaszti (just south of Budapest)