Are you a qualified Tax Assistant Manager or Tax Manager looking for your next challenge, or a qualified Accountant with tax experience looking to progress your career in tax?
Do you want to be responsible for ensuring tax compliance for a fast growing multinational group listed on the London Stock Exchange is done right? Are you excited about assessing the tax opportunities and risks for this group and helping to determine and implement the right solutions?
About the Job
It's an exciting time to join Games Workshop in Tax, due to the growth of the company and additional work taken on in the UK for US taxes. We're looking for the right person to join us, to help ensure the taxation reflects the group's activities, meeting the tax compliance of the group.
Reporting to the Group Head of Tax, you will join him to form a team of four. It is a specialized team within the wider finance function, responsible for advising the business on all international tax aspects, as well as specific projects and transactions across the business.
In this role you will be working with our Accounts department and external advisers to enable the preparation of tax returns for direct and indirect taxes worldwide, monitoring transfer prices and assisting in writing associated documentation, contributing to improving systems and working on ad hoc projects including tax inspections that arise throughout the group. Your initial work and responsibly can be varied to meet your current tax level and speed of learning.
We know that being able to achieve the goals across such a wide range of taxes and a wide range of country jurisdictions, all within a fast changing environment, is challenging. This does, however, mean variation and opportunities to help the business with its current and latest ventures.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Proven tax experience.
* A recognised Accounting qualification such as ACA or ACCA (or similar equivalent qualification).
* CTA (or equivalent) is an advantage but not essential.
* An understanding of how business changes/ decisions impact on tax and linking tax to the commercial aspect for many levels of stakeholders.
* Ability to collaborate with and build strong relationships with key stakeholders in all parts of the business, including the finance team and senior management, as well as external advisers and tax authorities.
* Previous experience of corporate tax and/or VAT is preferred. Experience in transfer pricing and employment tax would be advantageous, although is not essential as appropriate training will be provided.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy and very well established company that continues to lead the industry and delight our customers. If you want to be part of our exciting future and help deliver the change agenda for Games Workshop, we want to hear from you!
How to Apply
If you wish to apply you must send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. We select candidates for interview based on what they tell us in their letter or video.
This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for. Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application.