Combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPAs and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, we empower the world’s most highly-skilled accountants – CPAs and CGMA designation holders – with the knowledge, insight and foresight to meet today’s demands and tomorrow’s challenges.
We drive a dynamic accounting profession that works every day to build trust, create opportunity and grow prosperity worldwide.
Summary of Role
Manage tax and compliance for the UK Association, CIMA and its regional offices spanning 20+ countries. Partner actively with external and internal business partners given the dynamic and evolving activities under the Association umbrella, which includes blending of resources across UK and US entities, as well as support from our Malaysian Global Business Services (GBS) team.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Prepare and file timely quarterly UK VAT returns and EU MOSS returns
- Ensure EU VAT rate changes are appropriately updated in UK ERP (Oracle)
- Calculate annual VAT recoverability rate, based on an extra statutory concession and subscription apportionment calculation
- Assess and determine applicable reverse charge VAT, noting activity between the various Association legal entities, GBS support and outsourced IT functions requiring allocations across the entities
- Implement and comply with UK’s ‘Making Tax Digital’, noting an October 2019 effective date
- Partner with regional staff on their local VAT activities, coordinating efforts to ensure compliance
-With appropriate guidance as necessary, prepare transaction documentation annually for external firm who prepares the corporate tax returns, including gathering supporting information from internal teams as requested
- Assist with compliance audits and notices
- Partner with outside tax advisors and other finance leaders to assess compliance obligations
- Research and document conclusions on compliance issues, advising other departments within the organization as necessary
- Prepare tax expense budgets and forecasts
Desired Skills and Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- UK VAT experience, including VAT recovery, reverse charge VAT and capital items scheme
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word
- Strong initiative and drive to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Must be a team-oriented individual with the ability to lead projects
- Excellent communication skills
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Minimum 4-6 years of VAT experience in practice or industry
- Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Global tax experience
- Knowledge of Oracle
- ACMA/ CGMA
At the Association, you are part of a global, diverse and talented group of colleagues. You have opportunities to innovate and collaborate in a leading organization that impacts individuals and businesses.
You’ll have opportunities to progress while enjoying an exciting work environment that supports and celebrates individual achievement, development and professional satisfaction.
Together, we will lead the most influential body of professional accountants and create the future of the global accounting profession.