Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
To learn more, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com/
Optimas is currently searching for a UK Tax Accountant to join its in-house tax department. This is an ideal role for a newly qualified accountant in practice looking for their first move into industry, or for someone already working in industry looking to gain/expand their tax experience. Whilst this will be a predominately UK tax related role, there will be opportunities to gain experience in non-UK taxes as part of this exciting and diverse team.
This position reports to the Tax Director EMEA & APAC.
• Preparation of UK corporate tax returns.
• Preparation of tax accounting entries and disclosures for inclusion in the UK Statutory Accounts.
• Preparation of UK R&D tax credit claims.
• Respond to HMRC queries on corporate tax and indirect taxes (VAT/Intrastat/ESL).
• Support preparation of relevant Transfer Pricing documentation (CbCR/Local file).
• Support preparation of UK indirect tax filings (VAT/Intrastat/ESL).
• Support preparation of SAO documentation.
• Respond to various UK ad hoc queries received from the business on a timely basis.
• Ensure all UK tax processes are fully documented and kept up to date.
• Provide support to other tax team members on non-UK issues as required.
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
• Strategic Vision
• Building organizational capacity
• Results driven
• Embrace change
• Collaboration and Influence
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Customer value and Market focus
Skills and Qualifications required:
• Newly qualified accountant with a thorough understanding of financial accounting and an ability to analyse and understand financial statements.
• Any previous tax experience will be an advantage, but is not essential.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required, particularly the ability to explain tax issues to non-tax professionals within the business.
• Must have attention to detail.
• Must have the drive and commitment to ensure all deadlines are met.
• Must be a strong team player.
• Must be able to work on own initiative and take ownership of issue resolution.
• Strong Excel skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a significant contribution to a global organization, working within a challenging and fast-paced environment.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.