We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 145 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year, we are award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What's not to love!
We are looking for an ambitious and determined Tax Adviser who is keen to jump their career in taxation up to the next level, with the opportunity to work towards becoming a Chartered Tax Adviser through a Level 7 apprenticeship scheme! If you can bring taxation experience at any level, we are offering a brilliant opportunity to gain in-house exposure to different areas of tax in a flexible and supportive environment.
Within this role, you will develop a comprehensive, well-rounded taxation skillset. You will play a key role in our tax compliance processes across the bank, helping to manage our risk framework and becoming a subject matter expert within our specialist finance team. You will get to work with expert teams across finance and the wider business all whilst completing your advanced qualification.
Whether you are towards the beginning of your tax career journey or a bit more experienced, this is an outstanding opportunity to develop your skills and gain that next step up in your taxation career.
* Working across different areas of tax (including corporation tax and VAT) within a strong expert team, ensuring that tax returns are accurately prepared
* Data extraction and manipulation
* Ensuring that the bank is compliant with relevant tax legislation
* Working cooperatively with colleagues across the bank to both obtain information and provide advice
* Assisting with the management of tax risk
* Gaining an understanding of the bank's ethical standards and values
* Expanding your technical knowledge via on the job learning and professional study
What are we looking for?
* Practical experience of tax compliance processes (ideally a Member of Association of Tax Technicians)
* Good analytical skills with a logical approach to working and keen attention to detail
* Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of people and cultures, building relationships across the business
* Ability to manage competing priorities, work accurately and deliver to deadlines
* A fully flexible approach to cross-team working
What You Can Expect From Us:
* 27 days holiday at the start, increasing to 30 days
* Agile working including the opportunity to work from home
* Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
* 2 paid days for volunteering per year
* A positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester
* Strong career path within Financial Services
* Family-friendly policies and supportive working environment
* Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
* Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfill their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.